Search for content in message boards

SPRAGUE , Francis, good ship " Anne" 1623

SPRAGUE , Francis, good ship " Anne" 1623

Sally Dutton (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 2004 8:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SPRAGUE
Hello ; Seeking to contact descendents of FRANCIS SPRAGUE down thru John, and WILLIAM and son CYRUS SPRAGUE, b. 1846 Washington Co . Me. died 1909 Stanstead, Quebec. Thanks, Sally Dutton

Re: SPRAGUE , Francis, good ship " Anne" 1623

Posted: 11 Mar 2005 8:51AM GMT
Surnames: Sprague
Hi Sally -
You need to check out the following web site:
Sprague Database --The Composite Sprague Data Base--
Richard E. (Dick) Weber, Project Developer; A. Arnold Sprague, Webmaster

http://www.sprague-database.org/

Vicky

Sally Dutton (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2005 12:36PM GMT
Surnames: SPRAGUE , SOUTHWOOD
Thank you Vicky ; Yes, I have corresponded with Dick Weber - I am trying to trace the CYRUS SPRAGUE who went to Stanstead Co., Quebec, abt. 1869 , married a MARIA SOUTHWOOD-SOUTHARD-SOUTHWICK. It was assumed he came from Washington Co., Me., but THAT Cyrus seems to have gone to Calif. with his brothers. The Cyrus that went to Quebec appears to be a different person, and we are now trying to trace him back, and determine where he came from, and who his parents were. His birth now appears to be abt. 1833-35 .....We would appreciate hearing from anyone who has knowledge of this CYRUS SPRAGUE, so we can place him in the correct family - Thank you for your help, Sally

L. Delano (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2005 6:39PM GMT
I have a family tree on the maternal side of my family that references that our family came over on the Good Ship Anne. I am talking without benefit of the family tree in front of me, but I want to say that the Captain of the ship was someone by the name of Sutton/Sutter? If you are interested in more discussion, please contact me at the above address. My family originates from ME

Posted: 29 Nov 2008 2:54AM GMT
Sally,
I just saw your post and was wondering if you are still looking...

Posted: 21 Oct 2010 3:35AM GMT
I am the great grandson of Cyrus and Lucy Sprague. Thier daughter, Eva Deware is my grandmother.

Cyrus is the son of James Noble Sprague who is the son of James Jr who is the son of James Sr. who is the son of Abial (sp) who is the son of Samual who is the son of Joh who is the son of Francis who came over on the Good Ship Anne in July 1623 - PS did you know that Samual married Ruth Aldin. Ruth was the daughter of John and Prisilla Aldin who came over on the Mayflower.

email me if you need any other information - maybe I can help: amaris@rxparadigm.com

Posted: 24 Nov 2011 3:10AM GMT
Surnames: Wright Stryker
My great grandfather is Cassius Marcus Sprague from Sauk Centre, Minnesota. I have always heard that the Spragues came here on the Good Ship Ann. Please confirm if possible. Thank you.

Posted: 18 Mar 2012 10:19PM GMT
Classification: Will
Dear Sally
I am the 12th generation direct male linage descendant from Francis. Have excellent collection of pre civil war pic's and ancestry hand written documents. I am about to put on line at Facebook.
Have not found any pic's of Francis or information about the "Anne". How may were on-board, etc? Do you have info?
Kind Regards, Henry W Sprague III

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 2:41PM GMT
Francis Sprague is my 11th great grandfather. Learning about him now. I fall through his daughter Mercy who married William Tubbs. I have learned a lot but always looking for new information/connections.
Thanks,
Beth Valenti

Posted: 1 Jul 2013 7:32PM GMT
Surnames: Sprague
Thanks so much. I would love to connect with you on Facebook. I am a descendent, too, and would love to learn more. I have a few photos to post. My grandmother was Winifred Sprague, and there's a picture of her at the Metropolitan in NYC.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions