Search for content in message boards

Graystock Roberts - Georgia

Graystock Roberts - Georgia

Posted: 22 Sep 2000 9:25PM GMT
Edited: 2 Aug 2001 1:45AM GMT
James Robers - John Roberts Sr - John Roberts Jr ROBERT ROBERTS - Graystock Roberts. I have Family History from Graystock Roberts to Present. Wiregrass od Georgia

John Roberts

John Roberts (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2001 11:58PM GMT
We are trying to locate the father of John Roberts Sr. b. 1772 Kentucky one of his sons were John Jr. b. 1803 Kentucky

John Roberts Se

Posted: 6 May 2001 8:51PM GMT
I need information on James Roberts who came from England and settled in Virginia had a son John Roberts Sr who had a son John Roberts Jr who had a son Robert Roberts. I need info on all above and who Robert Roberts wife was. I have info starting with Graystock Roberts.

John Roberts Se

Posted: 6 May 2001 8:51PM GMT
I need information on James Roberts who came from England and settled in Virginia had a son John Roberts Sr who had a son John Roberts Jr who had a son Robert Roberts. I need info on all above and who Robert Roberts wife was. I have info starting with Graystock Roberts.

Re: John Roberts Se

Posted: 6 Feb 2014 7:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ROBERTS FAMILY LINE Va to Georgia to Virginia
John, I sure hope you're still watching this thread.

I have a tree line (unconfirmed, but used on many trees on ancestry.com)

starting with a Henry Roberts 1554 Asford, England - John Roberts 1589 Wales, England - John Davies Roberts 1633 Par Lyn Caernorvonshire, Wales - Capt John Roberts 1685 - John 1695 Spotsylvania, Va. to Culpeper, Va - John 1725

unconfirmed trees also continue this line to:

Reuben sr 1752 Port Royal, Va to Jones, Georgia - Reuben Jr - John "big jack" GA.

CONFIRMED: John/Nancy Roberts - John J/Caroline Roberts - James Robert/Willa Roberts - James Augustus/Lucile Roberts - James Edward/Harolyne Linda Roberts to current...

IF ANYONE can help this line, confirm where it's not confirmed or add to it, please let me know.

Re: John Roberts Se

Posted: 25 Mar 2014 10:50PM GMT
I have a John Roberts married to Nancy Seymour I have His father as Aaron Roberts born 1772 in South Carolina but I don't have a confirmed father for Aaron Roberts. John had a son named Green .

Michelle perhaps we've discussed this

Posted: 28 Mar 2014 7:19PM GMT
but it is virtually certain that the connections you list - before the John Roberts who died in the fall of 1724 in that part of Spotsylvania Co., VA, which later became Culpepper Co. - of John Roberts (John of Spots as we call the line) are unproven and unprovable. No one has ever found the slightest evidence of actual proof on the parent(s) of that John Roberts. I've worked for 40 years on this line and consulted with the original writers of the book on the descendants of John Roberts and nothing before him is proven. I'd love to prove an earlier connection but intellectually none are yet acceptable.

Ed Roberts
Fishers, IN

Re: Michelle perhaps we've discussed this

Posted: 28 May 2014 9:04PM GMT
Surnames: Roberts, Hudson,Walker
I am a descendant of Reuben Roberts b. 1752 in Port Royal, married Peggy Hudson, died in Georgia 1844. I need to know his parents, grandparents, etc.
I have seen him listed as son of John Roberts, b 1725 in Virginia and Elizabeth Walker and listed as brother of Greystock, Drewry, Frederick but haven't found documentation.
Is this the John of Spots line that you have been working on for so long?
I'd greatly appreciate help on this.

Re: Michelle perhaps we've discussed this

Posted: 5 Jul 2014 12:06PM GMT
I'm wondering if we've figured this all out... I think I'm still where we last left off :(

I'm wondering if Reuben Sr had son Reuben Jr and daughter Julia (Juda). Jr had a son John who had a son John who married Julia's daughter (yeah, married back into the family).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions