Search for content in message boards

family mambers of Lucyan Zendzian

family mambers of Lucyan Zendzian

Posted: 21 Jun 2006 12:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for any info on Lucyan Zendzian (b. Sep 1894 in Poland, d. May 1976 in Hartford) or any mambers of his family. He lived in Hartford on Madison Street No 56, was married to Anna. They had 3 children: Louis J Zendzian (b. Aug 1922, d. Mar 1993), Richard Zendzian (b. Nov 1925, d. Jan 1984) and Florence H Zendzian (b. Apr 1931, d. Oct 1998)
Thanks Joanna

Re: family mambers of Lucyan Zendzian

Posted: 22 Jun 2006 3:16PM GMT
Surnames: Rzendzian, Zendzian, Kuklinski
In the 1920 US census, the surname of Lucyan/Louis is entered and transcribed as Rzendzian, suggesting that the name was pronounced with the softer sound rendered in English as “zh.” Lucyan was living on Broad Street in New Britain CT, as were also the Kuklinski family, the in-laws seen in the Zendzian household in the 1930 census. I am guessing that the JoAnna Kuklinski in the 1920 entry is the “Anna” of the 1930 entry. I could not find Lucyan Rzendzian/Zendzian in the Ellis Island records, but that doesn’t mean he is not there.

Re: family mambers of Lucyan Zendzian

Peter Zendzian (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2006 4:53PM GMT
I believe that Lucyan Zendzian is my grandfather Paul Frank Zendzian's first cousin who came to America a year or two after my grandfather immigrated. My grandfather came in via either the port of Boston or directly into Providence, Rhode Island. He stayed in Providence until his death, in the early 60's. He and his wife ( Steffania, from Warsaw) operated a small grocery store. My mother often remarked about another group of Zendzians who lived in Worcester Mass in the 1920's that also ran a grocery store. I was told that the other "tribe" of Zendzian's were all related by "Papa's" first cousin who followed him here from Poland. I have met another Zendzian who was a Baptist minister in Detroit in the early 1970's, and he related a story of know about a cousine of his grandfather knowing a Paul Frank Zendzian of Providence RI. I am not sure if there is any close relationship between Lucyan and the minister in Detroit.

Lucyan Zendzian born Sept. 23, 1894

Posted: 9 Sep 2006 4:05AM GMT
The SS-5 form filled out when applying for a Social Security card asks for the person's place of birth and name of father and maiden name of mother. The Social Security Administration charges $27.00 for a copy of anyone's SS-5, and it may take several months to arrive. To apply, go to

http://ssdi.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/ssdi.cgi?letter=y&lastn...=

then print out the letter displayed on your screen. Mail it in with the fee to the SSA.

Reg Niles
per page

Find a board about a specific topic