Search for content in message boards

BROWN FAMILIES OF SOUTHWESTERN PA.

BROWN FAMILIES OF SOUTHWESTERN PA.

SYLVIA (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2005 6:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
BROWN FAMILIES
LOOKING FOR SIBLINGS AND PARENTS OF:
PETER BROWN -1880 CENSUS> DUNBAR TWP. FAY. CO; PA. AGE 57 1N 1850 TO 1870 IN NORTH UNION TWP.
ANYONE OUT THERE CONNECTED OR KNOWS OF A POSSIBILITY CONNECTION > PLEASE CONTACT ME AT THESE E-MAIL ADDRESSES -THANKS MUCH,
SYLVIA (BROWN)
BUSCH8150@MSN.COM
BUSCH8150@AOL.COM
PATTON01@VERIZON.NET

Re: BROWN FAMILIES OF SOUTHWESTERN PA.

Janice Thesenvitz (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2005 3:18PM GMT
Surnames: BROWN, HAIR/HARE
I noted in "History of Fayette County, Pennsylvania," page 664, that When the Pleasant View Presbyterian Church as organized that there was a Samuel Brown and Louisa Brown, they were 2 of 24 constituent members, 1 Oct 1859. I myself am trying to find out more about this Church's records if there are any available as my Hare/Hair family were also listed in that 24. The Union Presbytery authorized this Church at that time. Believe the Church was organized where Sunday School classes were being held near John McCormick's neighborhood according to the history. Sounds like it was at the Centre school-house as I read. I don't know exactly where that is at this time. Hope this leads you to something that helps in your research.
Good Luck

Yvonne Morgan (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2005 11:44PM GMT
Surnames: Brown & Hair
Hello: My grandmother was a daughter of Charles & Mary Elizabeth Brown.. If you would you have anything on this Charles Brown b: 14 Nov 1845 in ?ME but died in Franklin Twp., Fayette Co. PA 24 Nov 1914. They had 7 children (I have their names). He owned the old McDonald farm near Virgin Run area there.
Also, noticed you're researching "Hair/Hare"... am searching for one of my great great grandfather's daughters born Fayette Co. PA ... one Mary Jane Blair who married a James Hair & moved to Washington Co. PA... believe they had a son, then twin daus & finally another daughter, beyond that need info. Would be interested if my James Hair connects into the lines you are following as I have little on them.
Please email me privately.
Yvonne L. Morgan

Stacy Clark (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2005 5:33PM GMT
Surnames: HAIR/HARE
I noticed that you are working on the HAIR/HARE line in Fayette and Washington Counties in Pennsylvania. I am trying to sort through that group myself without a lot of luck. If you could help me untangle the HAIR/HAREs I have, I would appreciate it. You can email me privately at
stacy_clark75002@yahoo.com

Posted: 9 Jul 2007 11:50PM GMT
Hi. I saw your Hare connection.

I have an Updegraff family that was in Fayette in the late 1700/early 1800s. Most moved up to Washington and then Butler Co. Then I find one daughter, born right around 1800, named Lucretia Beatie living with Nancy and Thomas Mitchell, who end up raising their granddaughter, Ella G. or Elvira Hare.

One World Tree says Nancy and Tom's daughter Clarissa married a Charles Hare born in Pittsburgh est. 1814 - 1845, and that they had a daughter Elvira born Sept. 24, 1937 who married Harry Alexander Denn. The 1880 census has Ella G. Hare living with her grandparents Nancy and Tom in Beaver Co. I think the Ella/Elvira are the same person. Does your line have any connection to this Hare? The One World Tree does not give a submitter for their information.

Thank you for your time. I have Ella/Elvira's grandparents and great grandparents through the mothers, that is, Ella's mother was Clarissa Mitchell, whose mother was Nancy Beatie, whose mother was Lucretia Updegraph, whose parents were Isaac and Mary.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic