Search for content in message boards

Attorney in Tremonton & Box Elder County early 1900's

Attorney in Tremonton & Box Elder County early 1900's

Posted: 13 Jun 2011 4:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McGuire
I'm looking for information on an Alva D. McGuire who I've read in my research was an attorney and newspaper editor in Tremonton and Box Elder County during the early 1900's. Does anyone know where I can lookup information regarding his law career in Utah?

Re: Attorney in Tremonton & Box Elder County early 1900's

Posted: 24 Jul 2011 4:18AM GMT
March 5, 1914 - "Tremonton has a paper"
Alva D. McGuire named editor of the Tremonton newspaper.http://digitalnewspapers.org/newspaper/?paper=Box+Elder+News

Posted: 24 Jul 2011 7:21PM GMT
Thank you so much for this link. I found 27 articles with his name in them. My sister(whose side of the family this is) will be thrilled. Again, thank you.

Posted: 24 Jul 2011 9:04PM GMT
When I searched the website, I found too much to send and decided the link would be much better. glad I could help!

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 12:50PM GMT
You're right. There is quite a bit on him, but well worth the work of searching through the archives to find the articles. Again, Thanks!

Posted: 8 Aug 2011 11:40PM GMT
Hi, It's me again. I've found tons of articles on Alva McGuire, including an article in Box Elder dated 9-19-1916 that has a picture of him in the article. I've tried every way I can to make the picture clearer, but can't. This is the only known photo of him. Do you know where I might be able to obtain a copy of this photo that is more clear?

Posted: 12 Oct 2011 10:14PM GMT
HELLO,
Alva D was my grandfather. I would like to know if you were related to him as well. (My Dad was Chester Lee McGuire). I am interested in his career as an Attorney as well. I know he served as a judge in Riverside, Ca. and was a commissioner for Indian affairs as well. He lived in Elsinore, Ca at one point too. I don't have much information on him and I was only 9 yrs old when he died.
I would love to see the photo you have referenced here,

Rendi Ames (McGuire)

Posted: 13 Oct 2011 12:01AM GMT
Hi Rendi,

My mother was married to Chester Harlan and Sherri is my sister. LOL! This is too funny. If you'll send me your email address, I will "invite" you to see the family tree as it is now. Email me directly at howard8325@hotmail.com

Tracy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic