Search for content in message boards

William Poindexter (African American)

William Poindexter (African American)

Posted: 2 Jan 2006 5:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jul 2006 7:36PM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Harrison, Bradford, Davis, Poindexter, Bray, Washington, Milton,Houston
Looking for information on my gg-grandfather William Poindexter. He is the father of my g-grandmother Rebecca Davis Poindexter Harrision. My records show he was born in Arkansas, county unknown. I need to know where he went and/or was living after he divorced my grandmother and when and where he died. I don't have a dob for William, however he was living in Washington Arkansas in 1902. I'd appreciate any information and/or leads.

: William Poindexter (African American)

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 2006 10:49PM GMT
Do a search for him at the Latter Day Saints site. I kept running into African American William Poindexters when I was searching for my William. I was searching in Virginia.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp

Re: : William Poindexter (African American)

La Donna Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2006 6:28PM GMT
thanks for the info I'll give it a try.

Camilla (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2006 1:54AM GMT
Hello -
I am glad I am not the only African American looking for Poindexters. Did William have any children? Check Augusta Co. Virginia census. There was a William (B: 1827) who was married to Susan (B: 1830) in the 1880 and 1910 census. Also check Harris Co, TX. His son Jordan (B: 1857)was in the 1910 census there. If you have any Virignia info, maybe we can exchange.
Camilla
milliemac@verizon.net

Posted: 11 Mar 2006 2:49AM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2006 7:36PM GMT
Surnames: Bradford, Davis, Harrison, Brown, Melton, Milton, Washington, Bray
Thanks for the information. Yes, my William did have children, not sure how many. I don't know if he was married before he married my grandmother Classie Harrison. I don't have much of anything to go on right now, but I'll consider your info. If I find anything, I'll be sure to email you. .

thx!

Posted: 13 Mar 2013 6:44PM GMT
I saw your message and we have been looking for our gg-grandfather William Poindexter Sr. and his parents. Look at our tree and see if this is a match!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions