Search for content in message boards

John or James Carroll in Kentucky

John or James Carroll in Kentucky

Thomas P. McKenna (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carroll
Searching for descendants of John Carroll, a Rvolutionary WAr soldier who served in the Maryland Militia from Charles Co., MD and was in KY by 1798. Allegedly born in VA c. 1754 Died in Jessamine Co., KY in 1842.

John Carroll

Kathleen Carroll Cropper (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
I am searching for the father of Enoch Carroll, which I think may be the brother of John. Information I have indicates that there is a tombstone of a John Carroll in the Old St. Francis Catholic Cemetery near Caneyville, Grayson, Kentucky. It shows he was born in Donerail, Cork County, Ireland and died in 1842 at age 45. Family tradition has it that 5 Carroll brothers came from Maryland to Virginia to Scott County, Kentucky. The brothers are thought to be Enoch, Ned, John, Dempsey, and Squire.

John Carroll

Thomas P. McKenna (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
My John Carroll died in 1842 in Jessamine County, KY. I have no record of who his parents and siblings were. His Revolutionary War records indicate he enlisted from Charles County, MD. A DAR application said he was born in Virginia but offered no citation or proof.
Posted: 15 Jan 2012 4:56PM GMT
I have some information but I need to get it from a box in storage - if it will help you I will send it to you. My email is mydogjaz@gmail.com

Re: John Carroll

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 3:42PM GMT
I have information on a John Carroll, Revolutionary War Soldier, who died in Jessamine County, KY. I just recently acquired his will that names all his children. Anyone wanting that information can contact me at lmeasley50@gmail.com. I am willing to share what I have and would love to have anyone else would be willing to share. Linda Estes Easley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions