Search for content in message boards

Lookup

Posted: 29 Jun 2006 11:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Duclos, Duchene, Neddo, Nadeau
I am looking for the parents and siblings for Marie DuClos. According to the information I have, she was born in what is now Essex, Ontario
and christened at L'Assomption de Sandwich in about 1804. Her parents are said to be Anthony (Antoine) DuClos and Archange Duchene. The family moved to Monroe County Michigan where Maire married a Charles Neddo (Nadeau). Any help would be appreciated so I can unstick this line.

Bill Harms

Re: Lookup

Kevin W. Long (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2006 10:34AM GMT
Hi Bill:

In Dennison's book, "Genealogy of the French Families of the Detroit River Region 1701-1936", Volume 2, page 884 confirms the information cited in your query.

It states that Charles Nadeau, born Jan. 3, 1802 St. Antoine River Basin, married there Feb. 14, 1820 to Mary Duclos, who was born 1804 Assumption and buried March 22, 1831 St. Antoine. She was the daughter of Anthony Duclos & Archange Duchene. This couple had six children.

Hope this has been helpful.

Regards,
Kevin.

Posted: 1 Jul 2006 11:14AM GMT
Wow, I did not know what such a book existed. Your lookup confirms what I have. Now, how can I find out about Marie's parents and back? Is the book publically available? Is it possible to copy the pertinent pages?

Thank you so much
Bill Harms

Kevin W. Long (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jul 2006 2:20PM GMT
Hi Bill: Yes, that Denisson book should be in every major library housing a genealogy section.

I checked this book and found no other reference to Antoine DuClos & Archange Duchene. This couple must have been married in Quebec before they migrated down to Essex County. I have a listing of the early marriage and burials from Assumption Church in Sandwich (Windsor) and found no entries for DuClos' at all.

The Denissen book does cover the Nadeau line though. From Charles Nadeau, the line can be traced back to Anthony Nadeau then back to John Baptiste Nadeau etc. If you researching this Nadeau line in particular and need this information, let me know as I would be happy to send it along to you.

Sorry that I could not assist you further with the DuClos line....there appears to be no earlier records of this family in the Windsor area. Checking the Quebec sources will likely prove more productive.

Regards,
Kevin.

Posted: 3 Jul 2006 3:40PM GMT
Thank you Kevin for your reply. It looks like I maybe stuck then. I have access to the PRDH database http://www.genealogie.umontreal.ca and have been able to fill in the Nadeau line and the female lines back to France. The DuClos line is problematic. I can not find a direct connect from Anthony Duclos and Archange Duchene back to Quebec. I think that their families left Quebec at least one generation before, and might pop up somewhere else. I have found both Duclos's and Duchene's in Quebec, but nothing to connect to Anthony and Archange. I will keep looking. Thanks again

Bill Harms
Elkridge, Maryland

Elizabeth (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 2006 1:08PM GMT
Surnames: Duclos and Duchene
Hello

At St. John the Baptist Parish in Amherstburg Ontario:

Antoine Duclos, son of Pierre and Marie Amable Laframboise, married on 28 May 1804 to Archange Duchene,
daughter of Thomas and Archange Pillet dit Lesperance.

Elizabeth LaDouceur

Duclos and Duchene

Bill Harms (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 2006 1:37PM GMT
Hi Elizabeth:

This looks like the breakthrough that I have been looking for. We have been searching for this breakthrough for over 70 years, beginning with my dear great grand aunt Anne Neddo. We could never find a connection.

I looked at the LDS web site to see if there is a microfilm available for that parrish. Unfortunately, they do not go back before 1800. So I need to find a source that goes back to Quebec. Can you tell me how you accessed the records?

Bill Harms

Re: Duclos and Duchene

Elizabeth (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 2006 1:52PM GMT
Hi Bill,

Contact me at my email

ladoucer@mnsi.net

Re: Duclos and Duchene

Posted: 4 Jul 2006 1:53PM GMT
The LDS microfilm for this parrish goes back to 1802, and since the marriage was in 1804, I should be able to find the record.

Bill
per page

Find a board about a specific topic