Search for content in message boards

Dragatus, Yugoslavia

Dragatus & Stari Trg

Posted: 8 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Jun 2002 12:59AM GMT
Dragatus is located about 4 miles south of C'rnomelj which is about 20 miles south of Novo Mesto in the south central portion of the country known as Bela Krajina. There are three villages known as Stari Trg, but the closest one to Dragatus is located about 7 miles southwest of Dragatus on the border with Croatia.

Dragatus, Yugoslavia

Kay Mushitz (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Muschitz
Can anyone tell me how to find Dragatus, Yugoslavia on the map? This was given as the address where the Muschitz family lived before they came to American around 1842. The address was also written as: Stari trg ob Kolpi, Yugoslavia.

Dragatus

Ales Medic (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
You must pick up Slovenian map and you will find Dragatus somewhere betwen Crnomelj and Stari trg ob Kolpi. If you have stil problems with finding it, send me a mail on my e-mail address. I also find one old postcard of Dragatus from year around 1900.

Dragatus

Kay Mushitz (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Muschitz, Lerche
It's possible the two families knew each other, and I'm wondering if you know from which port your grandfather and greatgrandfather sailed from when they came to America, and also which port they came through after they arrived in America. It's quite likely the Muschitz may have sailed the same route.

Dragatus & Stari Trg

Kay Mushitz (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Muschitz, Lerche
Thanks for the information on location of these two villages. I'm very new at researching and can use all the help I can get. My husband's greatgrandfather born in 1842, stated that he came from Dragatusch, Austria. But later letters were addressed to Dragatus, Yugoslavia. Obviously there was a border change - when? George Muschitz came to America about 1870, can you tell me what might have been the most likely port he would have sailed from. George said his father's name was Peter and we know he had several half- brother's and half-sister's, several of these also came to America. I've checked the Austrian phone book and find several Muschitz and Lerche families, I will try to contact some of them to see if there might be a connection. Any suggestions you have would be most wellcome.

Dragatus and Stari trg

George Plautz (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
A member of the Slovenian Genealogy Society is transcribing parish pages she took pictures of last year. Once she transcribes the information to a database or table word processing software package we will upload it to our website at http://sloveniangenealogy.org

This will not be available for some time however.
I also wanted to mention that the last Muschitz would probably be spelt Muscic where the first c would have a havcek over it providing the ch sound. If the name had been americanized and the speeling was Mwshchitz the s would have had a havcek over it producing the sh sound.

Re: Dragatus, Yugoslavia

ana (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2004 1:08PM GMT
The village of Dragatuš is in Slovenia (northern part of ex-Yugoslavia now an independant state). In the phone book I found these people.

DRAGATUŠ 8343

Name Adress Telephone
MUŠIČ ALOJZ DRAGATUŠ 6 (07) 305 75 85
MUŠIČ ANGELA DRAGATUŠ 24 (07) 305 73 15
MUŠIČ DRAGICA DRAGATUŠ 9 (07) 305 76 62
MUŠIČ FRANC DRAGATUŠ 3A (07) 305 73 38
MUŠIČ JANEZ DRAGATUŠ 11A (07) 305 76 43
MUŠIČ JANEZ DRAGATUŠ 6 (031) 304 323
MUŠIČ POLDE DRAGATUŠ 19A (07) 305 75 45
MUŠIČ ROK DRAGATUŠ 6B (041) 392 772
MUŠIČ VLADIMIR DRAGATUŠ 3 (07) 305 76 51
MUŠIČ ZDRAVKO DRAGATUŠ 7A (07) 305 73 30

You can assume it is a village because there are no street names in their adresses, just a location and house number.

Re: Dragatus, Yugoslavia

ana (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2004 1:15PM GMT
There is also one Mušič in Stari trg ob Kolpi

DOLENJI RADENCI 8342 STARI TRG OB KOLPI

MUŠIČ JANEZ DOLENJI RADENCI 7 (031) 306 531

Re: Dragatus & Stari Trg

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 7:34AM GMT
Kay, it would appear that your husband and I are related. George (b. 1842) was married to Maria (Lerche) Lercher. They lived in Westphalia, IA. They were my great, great grandparents. Their daughter Theresa (married Adolph Schmitz of Westphalia), is a maternal great grandmother to me. It appears that you know more than I do about the Muschitz family, but I just wanted to introduce myself.

Re: Dragatus & Stari Trg

Posted: 10 May 2014 1:04PM GMT
Surnames: Muschitz, Muschisch
My Muschitz family is also from Dragatus. I have a Georg who was born April 13 1820, Crnomel, his father is Jure (Georg) Muschisch born May 27 1782. There is another son Peter who is my grandfather's line.

My Georg had five children, I don't have a spouse.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions