Search for content in message boards

Pittsburgh Township, Ontario, Canada

Pittsburgh Township, Ontario, Canada

John Scott (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2003 1:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jul 2003 4:47PM GMT
Surnames: Scott, Smith, Johnston, Gough, Gaugh, Goff, Charbonneau, McKenna, Swift
Looking for descendants of families in Pittsburgh Township, Ontario, Canada including:
Scott, Smith, Johnston, Gough (Gaugh, Goff), Charbonneau, McKenna, and Swift.

Crawford - Pittsburgh Township

Posted: 26 Jan 2003 10:33PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2003 4:49PM GMT
Surnames: Crawford, Boyd
I am descended from the Crawford family who migrated to the Pittsburgh twp. area sometime after 1817. James Crawford married Margaret Boyd 1840 in St. Andrew's church, Kingston. They bought a 99 acre property, Lot 15, Concession 2, Pittsburgh twp. The stone house still exists and is off something called middle road- partway between Kingston and Gananoque. They sold it in 1881 when they moved to Manitoba. I have some pictures and information but I, too, would like more. Perhaps we can help each other. I live in Manitoba.
Susan

Clark, Grimsby and Rea - Pittsburgh Township, Ontario

Posted: 27 Mar 2003 3:09AM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2003 4:51PM GMT
Surnames: Clark, Grimsby, Rea
Dear Sue Smith, I see your relatives worshiped at St. Andrew's Kingston. My great grandmother had her first child christened there in 1849. Names listed were George Clark and Lily Ann Rea. But I guess she had her family name as a middle name because last year I did find that she was a Grimsby when she married George Clark. There was a Wm. Grimsby and wife in North Burgess,Lanark Co. who later on moved to Manitoba. He was a younger brother I guess of Lily Ann.
I can't find George Clark in the 1851 census of Kingston. Is
there and mention of that name in your Kingston sources.?

Benjamin Clark m. Mary Ann Shepard

Posted: 5 Sep 2003 4:33PM GMT
Edited: 6 Oct 2003 4:38PM GMT
Surnames: clark, shepard, curl
I have a Benjamin Clark born in Pittsburg, Canada, in March of 1818, son of Henry CLARK and grandson of John P. CLARK of Mohawk Valley (NY), who was a farmer and later moved to Canada with his family. Henry's wife was was Caroline CURL, although she appears to have been called Pearl Curl. Henry and Caroline's children were Henry, John, Charles, Robert, Benjamin, Matthew, William, Peggy, Hetta, and Betsey. Benjamin married Mary Ann SHEPARD (daughter of Peter Shepard) of Canada, and in 1854 moved to Oswego Couty NY. Benjamin's children included George, Matthew, John, William, Charles, Lewis, Elizabeth, Margaret, Eliza, Mary, Sarah and Clara. I thought that it was worth noting a George Clark born in Pittsburgh around 1848. Perhaps there is a connection.

George Clark and Lily Ann Grimsby

Posted: 6 Sep 2003 7:27PM GMT
Edited: 16 Nov 2004 9:28PM GMT
Surnames: Clark, Grimsby
Dear James, Thanks for your reply. Your Clark and mine don't seem to fit. My great grandfather, George Clark, came with the English Army in 1838-1844. His father stayed in Scotland. There was a George Clark in the 1851 census of Frintenac Co. but when I checked on this he was an older man, with more children.The Wm. Grimsby was a younger brother to my greatgrandmother,Lily Ann Grimsby Clark, I think (not proven). That Wm was born in Ireland in 1826 and arrived in Canada in 1838.It is hard to find records that early in the game. But thanks for trying to help me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions