Search for content in message boards

BAUDOIN/BAUDOUIN/BEAUDOIN of St-Martin-de-Ré, Île de Ré

BAUDOIN/BAUDOUIN/BEAUDOIN of St-Martin-de-Ré, Île de Ré

Dan Donahue (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2006 3:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
My information is that Solon BAUDOIN was the senechal of a manor at St-Martin-de-Ré. He was a Huguenot with at least one child baptised in the temple of La Rochelle. This child was Jacques BAUDOIN who was born 29 Jul 1645 at St-Martin. (Jacques BAUDOIN left France and arrived in New France (Québec) on 26 or 27 May 1664. He started a line with many descendants today throughout Canada and the United States.)
With the Revocation of the Edict of Nantes, the manor at which Solon served was razed to the ground. Presumably the lord of the manor was also a Huguenot.

Can anyone direct me to an account of the history of the manor at St-Martin-de-Ré?
I am interested in knowing who the owner was, the type of manor (Fortified or not), the date of the manor's destruction and any other details related to life in St-Martin about 1600 - 1665.
Thank you/ Merci
Dan

Re: BAUDOIN/BAUDOUIN/BEAUDOIN of St-Martin-de-Ré, Île de Ré

sue (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2006 7:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi...I want you to know that Pierre Baudouin was the father of most of the Baudouin/Bowdoin families who are in America. He is my ancester. He setteled here with his wife Elizabeth Fixe and 4 children. of which were 2 sons, John & James. they settled in Boston in 1686. His was the only Baudouin family in this country for many generations. Now by the same token Those you mention are also on my genealogy copy left by the family found in the arcives of Bowdoin Collage. It lists family going back to about 1400. They came from LaRochelle but many members moved to other parts of Europe at the revocation of the edick of nantes. They were Huguenots!

sueannbee@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions