the Hayden Farm and had several children John( my ggggrandfather),
Abraham, Isaac, Samuel, Rose Ann, Sarah,Lydia and Polly. If anyone has
any information on the Childs' at or before Abraham's time in this area
please contact me. Thanks!!

Re: Childs Family of Fayette County PA

nancy l childs (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2003 6:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
i was born and raised in bville pa but my father died in 1980 and we lived there till i was 16 and i left but he stayed and he had a brother named clarence childs that worked for the water co and he died about 2 yrs ago does that help you any

Kim (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2003 3:08AM GMT
Surnames: Childs/Laughery/Robinson
From some of my research I do believe some of my great-grandfathers siblings settled in the Brownsville area.
I am a descendant of John Childs & Mary Bara's son Thomas.
Thomas married Rebecca Jane Laughery and had the following children: Emma Childs married Eber Shepherd
John William Childs
Charles Henry Childs m. Sarah Ann Robinson(my line)
Jesse Childs m. Rose Pearl Bishop
Thomas Childs
Alfred Glenn Childs m. Mary Ann (Mollie) McDowell
Frances Childs m. Charles Wilson
Samuel Childs m. Bertha Ann Bloom
James Franklin Childs
I believe that Alfred and Mollie's have descendants in the B'ville area. I only have their children and no further generations. The children are: Margery Childs m. Thomas Brooks
m. Miles Hines
Edward Orrin Childs m. Sara Mc Andrews
Albert Glenn m. Endora Joy
m. Helen Marie Daniels
Do any of these names sound familiar to you? I don't have a Clarence in my files but maybe there still is a connection. What was your grandfathers name? That might help if there is a connection. Let me know.

nancy biles (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2003 7:09AM GMT
my grandfathers name was mike but i think his real name was morgan im not sure wendell was my dad and clarence was my dads brother wendell worked for a man by the name of henry restina and my uncle worked for the water co in bvilles does that help you any

Kim (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2003 2:31AM GMT
Nancy, I did come across a Morgan Childs born about 1882 in my files. He appears to be a son to John Childs and Alice Pearce. This John Childs, born 1852, I believe is the baby brother to my Thomas Childs. I have that Morgan was the youngest of three. There is older brother John W. Childs born 1877-1900 and a sister Annabell Childs born 1880. I have John W. being married to Bessie McIntosh. Would 1882 be about the correct time for your grandfather. All I have is Morgan's name no spouse or family but this is an incomplete file. Do any of these names sound familiar to you?
Kim

Re: Childs Family of Pgh, Pa

Posted: 10 Sep 2003 7:03PM GMT
Edited: 24 Aug 2004 11:34PM GMT
"Western Pa. Genealogical Society Quarterly, Nov. 1984
pg. 121 "Early Western Pa. Marriages From Various Local Newspapers 1793-1878, compiled by Joyce Thompson & Beth Liberman
pg. 122
On Thurs 3rd inst by Rev. W.D. Howard, Miss Martha Howard of Philadelphia to Asa P. Childs, merchant of this city. Pgh(Pittsburgh), Pa. Jan. 7, 1850. G(G=Gazette-Pittsbugh)
On Thurs 8th inst by Rev. Alfred Cookman, Otis B. Childs & Frances dau. of George McCook, M.D. all of this city. Pgh., Pa. Jan. 8, 1856. G"
Childs family is also in Pittsburgh area.

Posted: 2 Aug 2006 10:57PM GMT
Surnames: Blooms, Saylors , Mc Canns
my grandfather was George Edward Bloom , he had a very large family , was wonderin if you may know of Ben Bloom , Bill Bloom and Bob Bloom , their where abouts and their family members where lost to us after they died . they would have been born in the late 1800's in Grewens Boro , Pa.

Posted: 1 Jan 2010 5:26PM GMT
we are related email me back michael_diver_uct1@yahoo.com
christopher childs me
kevin childs father
arthur childs grandfather
paul childs g grand
abraham childs gg grand
isaac childs ggg grand
abraham childs gggg grand

im in the navy and deployed but expectng a boy in a few weeks im really looking to get in touch with childs members my father died and was never in my life same with grand parents so im realy excited
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions