St Josephs Woodbridge

St Josephs Woodbridge

Posted: 24 Jun 2009 3:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
My grandfather was in here bet 1920 - 1929, does anyone know anything about it

Re: St Josephs Woodbridge

Posted: 15 Jul 2009 5:43PM GMT
Hi, I am a librarian in Woodbridge, NJ. We do not have much info about the orphanage but I can tell you that St. Joseph's still exists - it is now St. Joseph's Senior Home Nursing Center and Assisted Living. They are located at 3 Saint Joseph Ter., Woodbridge, NJ 07095, 732-750-0077.

I don't know if they have records about individuals that stayed there. It seems to have opened as a orphanage in May 1929 and it stopped being an orphanage sometime around 1948 or so.

Hope this little bit helps.

Posted: 11 Aug 2009 5:19PM GMT
A friend of mine was a graduate of that orphanage in 1940-something, and recently showed me a photoillustrated pamphlet of it in Polish. It was run by Polish nuns. If the pamphlet is of interest — it is dated 1949, thus a whole generation after your grandfather — contact me of course.

Bill Thayer

Posted: 17 Jul 2012 7:00PM GMT
Surnames: Siracusa, Shay
Is this the ST. JOE's Children's Welfare home and Asylum? My Great Grandmother ran off on my GGrandfather. He had to put my grandmother into an Orphanage in Hackensack, NJ. I have been trying to locate more about my grandmother (she was young and doesn't remember much) all in a quest to locate her father's grave (Vincenzo Siracusa, who's last known residence was Garfield, NJ when he died Jan. 27, 1937).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions