Search for content in message boards

Louis E. Ather/death info

Louis E. Ather/death info

Posted: 17 Sep 2012 4:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ather, Larivee
I found on the findagrave site where Louis E. Ather is listed. b. 1878 d. 1913. I believe his father was Joseph Ather and mother Sophia(Larivee). He is bu: Hope Cemetery in Waterbury. Would like to get a full date of death for requesting his obituary.

Thanking you in advance,
Susan Audy
White River Jct., Vt

Re: Louis E. Ather/death info

Posted: 18 Sep 2012 11:12AM GMT
Susan-I could not find Louis Ather. Do you know if he died in Vermont? He should be listed if he died in the state. I thought about calling the Waterbury Town Clerk but had heard that they lost all their records during Hurricane Irene last summer. I did see the Find-A-Grave with just the year date for the death. My sister lives in Waterbury and I can call her to ask who might be in charge of Hope Cemetery in Waterbury.

Posted: 18 Sep 2012 2:53PM GMT
That is so sad to know about all the records getting destroyed. I went to the town clerk's office a few
years back. Maybe I can get more information at the
Middlesex Vital Records. If you can find more info it
will be much appreciated.

Susan...

Posted: 18 Sep 2012 10:52PM GMT
Sorry to be late - storms most of the day and just got my computer going again. I don't like lightening! We did have strong winds and lots of rain but no lightening. My sister in Waterbury just sent me an e-mail - she has her son, daughter-in-law and two little ones there and she said she would call me tomorrow or I will get ahold of her and be in touch. It is sad but I have heard that Waterbury was not the only one who lost loads of things like records. They had their told ones in the basement - I think that is what Penny (sister) told me last year. A good friend of hers was the Town Clerk but think she retired not too long ago. I will see what I might be able to find. Penny will know the cemetery well to and she will know who is in charge of that. Middlesex should have a copy of the death and maybe a burial card. I certainly would try them. Be back tomorrow sometime.

Posted: 18 Sep 2012 10:54PM GMT
Susan - forgot - Penny's family is leaving tomorrow to head back to Los Angeles and will be gone to Burlington to take them to the airport.....they are not that far from Burlington so will be home later.

Posted: 9 Mar 2013 12:46AM GMT
From about 1903 on burial certificates are required in Vermont. I would check with the Town Clerk in Waterbury. Yes, there was damage to records, but all were not lost. They can probably find a burial certificate for Louis E. Ather. The certificate may be able to provide a death date and location.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic