Search for content in message boards

Bible Record of Covington Hardy and Catherine Buford/Beuford of Lunenburg County, Virginia

Bible Record of Covington Hardy and Catherine Buford/Beuford of Lunenburg County, Virginia

Posted: 12 Feb 2012 5:17AM GMT
Classification: Bible
Surnames: Hardy, Buford, Beuford,
I have seen several older posts about the bible of Covington Hardy and Catherine Buford/Beuford. It seems like I read one post that stated it was found in a “file cabinet.” I thank the person who found it and I am very happy to report that the bible page can be seen at the State Library of Virgina and I have found it online via their web site. I took my elderly mother to actually see the page/pages several years ago. The handwriting is beautiful and once Covington’s children are listed, the bible was passed on the John C Hardy, and his children are listed. The page/pages are very old, and very hard to read. At some point it looks like someone taped the page together. I have a copy of the page and I will provide a copy of the entire page. The hardest part to read are the years at the beginning of each line and I hope that I have each birth year correct, but they may not be 100%. I have tried hard to type this correctly, and I have followed the spelling of names as listed in this bible. If you descend from these people, a trip to the Virginia Library to see this page is very special. There was only one page that I found I could read. This page begins with a list of the children of Covington Hardy. The page then continues with a list of the children of John C. Hardy.

1770 January 17th then was born Vincent Hardy
1772 April 7th was born Charles Hardy
Departed (unreadable)
1774 October ____ was born John C Hardy
departed 27 _____
1777 January 15th then was born Miles Hardy
1779 July 7th then was born Amelia Hardy
1781 October 17th then was born Lettisha Hardy
departed 17th August 1829
1783 Nov 25th then was born Henry Hardy
Departed 14th August ____ (unreadable)
1787 January 2nd then was born Priscilla Hardy
____ (unable to read) was born Salley Hardy
Departed (unable to read)

(Next there is a thin line, perhaps drawn with a pencil on this page)
(Next is another list of children born, and these are the children of John C Hardy from the above children)
1802 (unable to read) was born Larkin Hardy
Departed (unable to read)
1803 (unable to read) Elisha Hardy
1805 (unable to read) then was born Mary Ann Hardy
1807 April 16th then was born John ?Spencer Hardy
1809 ____ (unable to read) was born Anna Hardy
1810 January ___ then was born Alanson Hardy
1812 ______ then was born Eliza Hardy
1814________ then was born Asa Hardy
1815______ then was born Nancy Hardy
(-----) _______ then was born Susan Hardy
1821 _________ then was born George Hardy
1825 August 31st then was born Samuel Hardy

Re: Bible Record of Covington Hardy and Catherine Buford/Beuford of Lunenburg County, Virginia

Posted: 7 Aug 2012 3:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you so much for posting this.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions