Search for content in message boards

Julia C Doyle b. 1845-1860

Julia C Doyle b. 1845-1860

Posted: 17 Feb 2003 12:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Feb 2005 7:41AM GMT
My GG grandmother was born in Tipperary to parents James and Julia. She married Aaron Nattrass in 1869 in Victoria Australia. Her birth date and how she made her way to Australia are unknown to me. I am also interested in any information on Doyles in Tipperary generally. Any help is much appreciated.

Re: Julia C Doyle b. 1845-1860

Posted: 22 Feb 2003 12:17PM GMT
Edited: 6 Mar 2003 9:53AM GMT
Hi Lynda - This is a long shot, but can you give me any more information on James & Julia. I am looking for the origins of my GGG grandparents who were James & Julia Hayden who came from Tipperary. On the English 1881 census they were shown as being in Rotherham Yorkshire in the UK and that they had 5 children. These were Edmund, John, William, Annie & Margret. The children were born in Rotherham & I think that James & Julia must have moved here prior to 1864. I'm sure my James & Julia aren't the same ones as yours, but I was just wondering if there was some sort of connection as there appear to be a few skeletons in my family cupboard!!!
Thanks for any help you may be able to give me
Liz Gudgion

Re: Julia C Doyle b. 1845-1860

Posted: 24 Feb 2003 3:30AM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2005 7:41AM GMT
Sorry to say that the James and Julia that I am looking for are definitely Doyles. Only Julia was a Mrs Doyle and therefore her maiden name is as yet unknown. I can find many James Doyles deported to Australia due to crime and rebellion, but not a lot of information on families of convicts also transported. The only thing I know for certain is that Julia Jnr was born in Tipperary. Good luck on your search.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic