Search for content in message boards

Curran Funeral Home records Easton,PA

Curran Funeral Home records Easton,PA

Posted: 20 May 2004 4:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Curran,Finnegan,Trimble
Does anyone know who has custody of the old funeral records from the Curran Funeral home (now Curran-Finnegan Funeral Home) in Easton, PA? I contacted the funeral home and they have none of the records from before they bought out Curran. I'm trying to locate information regarding the burial of my g-grandparents Philip and Julia Trimble in St Micheals cemetery in Bethlehem and was told by Holy Infancy that no cemetery records exist. Can anyone help?

Re: Curran Funeral Home records Easton,PA

Posted: 19 May 2009 12:34AM GMT
Hello. I am the grandaughter of the people who owned Curran Funeral Home. I am not sure if I can help you or not, but if you are still interested in this information I can check with my father.

Shannon McDole Hall

PS My Great Aunt was Betty Trimble (maiden name Curran), not sure if there is a connection there.

Posted: 19 May 2009 1:03PM GMT
Hi Shannnon, Did your great aunt Betty have daughters Joan & Maureen? And were her parents Daniel Curran & Catherine Connors? If so, she was married to my grandmother's brother, John Robert Trimble. Yes, I am still interested in the funeral home records. I know the least about my Trimble line. I am most interested in information on Philip & Julia and his parents Hugh & Mary Trimble. But all other Trimbles as well. Also a William Miller, infant, You can contact me directly at germanirish@comcast.net. Thanks so much! Christine Miller Caldwell

Posted: 20 May 2009 2:47PM GMT
Surnames: CURRAN, McFADDEN, TRIMBLE
I am following this thread with interest because of the Curran surname. My great-grandmother was Catherine Curran McFadden who resided in Bethlehem. She was born about 1860, Co. Donegal, emigrated to the US in the late 1880s and married in Bethlehem to Owen McFadden abt. 1890. She died in 1940. Catherine was one of six Curran children of John and Margaret (Coll) Curran that we can trace: she had sisters Bridget/Delia and Ellen/Nellie who lived in Brooklyn but later moved to and died in Bethlehem, a brother Francis who died in Australia in 1921, a sister Margaret with descendants still in Co. Donegal, and a sister Grace who appears to have married but totally vanished.

I would love to see if your Bethlehem families linked up with mine. Also, we had relatives living in Easton descended from Owen and Catherine who I know were buried from the Curran Funeral Home there, according to newspaper obits. I just never thought there might be any (however small) connection between our Curran family and the funeral home family - I thought it was a "services" only agreement. I would be grateful for any Curran information that might be linked to my lines.

As an aside, I also have one Trimble in a collateral line in Bethlehem whose daughter married a son of Owen (above). And lastly, I have a German connection in Bethlehem whose name probably was Tremmel originally but has shown up in documents as Trimble. Is it possible that your Trimble could be Tremmel and of German extraction? Just trying to connect dots...

Posted: 20 May 2009 7:15PM GMT
Surnames: GAUGHRAN, TRIMBLE, DUNN,MCFADDEN
I'm really excited to see the names you posted!
My great-grandparents, Philip & Julia (GAUGHRAN)TRIMBLE had a daughter May (sometimes shown as Mary). She married Thomas DUNN. Her obituary said she was survived by 9 of 16 children. The first one listed was Mrs Owen MCFADDEN! I have been trying to figure out which of the daughters this was - Anna,Margarete or Julia.
My CURRAN connection is collateral: May's brother John Robert TRIMBLE married Elizabeth Irene CURRAN. I believe she is related to the original owner of Curran Funeral Home, Daniel CURRAN.
My TRIMBLE's were occasionally listed as Trimmel but were definitely Irish.
Sound like connections?

Posted: 21 May 2009 1:23AM GMT
Surnames: CURRAN, McFADDEN, TRIMBLE, DUNN
Absolutely - you have the right family so we have some distant relationship. My collateral Trimble was the mother of Ms. Dunn(can't think of her first name right now). Ms. Dunn married Owen McFadden, my grandfather's brother and son of my Owen McFadden and Catherine Curran.

Please contact me at clavelli@aol.com, and we can compare and share.

Posted: 21 May 2009 11:49PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Curran, Derry, O'Connor, Little, Kinney, Sheetz
The attached biography of Daniel Curran might be of interest to you. It is from the 1920 History of Northampton County.
Attachments:

Posted: 22 May 2009 4:24AM GMT
Thank you! I think it will help all 3 of us.

Posted: 22 May 2009 4:33AM GMT
Surnames: CURRAN
Thank you!

Where would one find the 1920 history of Northampton County? Is it available for purchase?

Also, would you have any ideas how to source the names of Daniel Curran's other siblings?

Posted: 22 May 2009 12:48PM GMT
The 1920 History of Northampton County (3 volumes) is available in the Marx History Room of the Easton Library. There is also a set in the main stacks (although it might not be complete). I would guess other libraries in the county have it. I'm not sure how easy it would be to find a set at a used book store and I haven't seen it turn up on eBay. The biographies are of then prominent businessmen, clergy, and some historic figures. There is no real order - alphabetical or chronological - to these. The books also contain histories of all the municipalities and some historic sketches.

To find the sibling's names I would try to find the obit of Daniel or his parents to see if they are listed there. Daniel's mother's obit is not in the list in the year stated at
http://www.eastonpl.org/MarxRoom.htm

I'm the historian for Saint Bernard's and Saint Michael's Catholic Churches in Easton, so that's my focus, but you can always email me directly and I'll try to help.

Good Luck and good searching!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic