I am interested in the following Bell County family: Joab BROOKS and Florence Rosalee BILLINGSLEY, married in Belton, 17 Sept. 1871 (see below family).
See my page at http://www.catskill.net/rue/family/brooks/
Anything on these surnames in Bell County would be appreciated. Thanks.
The following is cut from my pagehttp://www.catskill.net/rue/family/brooks/lineage.htm
Joab W. BROOKS (Farmer), b. 15 November 1838 in Carroll County, Tenn.;
m. Florence Rosalee BILLINGSLEY in Bell County, Texas on 17 September 1871;
d. 22 September 1908 in Corpus Christi, Nueces County, Texas; who had children:
1. George Harmon BROOKS, b. Dec. 1872 in Bell County, Tx.
2. Aaron Thomas BROOKS, b. 1876 in Bell County, Tx.
3. Joseph Winfield BROOKS, b. Nov. 1877 in San Angelo, Tx.
4. David Pittman BROOKS, b. Dec. 1880 in Tx.
5. Caleb Sewell BROOKS, b. 3 Dec. 1884 in Tx.
6. Sweeney Lane BROOKS, b. 7 July 1886 in Tx.
7. Beulah Myrtile BROOKS, b. 8 Aug. 1889 in Silverton, Briscoe Co., Tx.
8. Aureba Comfort BROOKS, b. 15 Nov. 1892 in Silverton, Briscoe, Tx.
9. Jessie Bryant BROOKS, b. 12 Oct. 1894 in Silverton, Briscoe, Tx.
(Sources: marriage certificate [LDS #981-034] and correspondence with #9 and with descendants of the above children in my possession; 1860 US Census, Jackson Township, Sevier County, Arkansas, 135:983 [enumerated with
three apparently unrelated men]; 1870 US Census, Bell County, Beat No. 3, Texas 23:193 [enumerated with wife, Mary BROOKS, age 22, b. in Alabama]; 1880 US Census [with wife Florence R. BROOKS, age 25, and six of the above
listed children], Bell County, Division No. 4, Texas, 37:310; 1900 US Census, Brisco County, Precinct No. 1, Texas, 1:3 [with Florence R. BROOKS and six of the above named children.])
* * *
TOM RUE | CARMEN RUE | Opinions are the writer's alone.
POB706 Monticello NY 12701-0706, USA | mailto:Tom@Rue.nethttp://www.catskill.net/rue/
| ICQ - 16506952 | c. 1999