Search for content in message boards

Charles DeMoss

Charles DeMoss

Posted: 23 Dec 2001 12:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Oct 2002 1:58AM GMT
Surnames: DeMoss
I'm looking for the parents of Charles DeMoss. He was born around 1776 in Hampshire, Virginia and married Martha (Unknown). They migrated to Ohio and then Missouri before heading down into Texas. They both died on the same day in their homstead on December 18, 1826. Their children are as follows: Peter, Charles, Sarah, Lewis, John, William, Lorhana, Martha, and Elizabeth Bennett. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sondra

Re: Charles DeMoss

Posted: 3 Jan 2002 5:38AM GMT
Edited: 18 Mar 2002 7:06PM GMT
I don't remember if you were the one who sent my my info on the demoss line or not. If not, I have alot of info, and am getting more soon. I am currently researching Peter's daughter
Susannah, and her 1rst husband. But in my research I have found alot of other info. I have a small hunch on how Charles and Martha were killed now. Do you have any specific info on were there homestead was? I am in galveston, very close to matagorda, and I plan on making some trips soon. Well I hope to talk to you soon and happy hunting.....joe

ps I recently found a book called Important Documents in Texas History and found a Charles and Peter Demos listed on a roster of original settlers of tx.

Posted: 3 Jan 2002 11:58PM GMT
Edited: 5 Oct 2002 1:58AM GMT
Surnames: DeMoss
Thanks for the reply! Also if you check out The Handbook Of Texas they have both Charles and Peter DeMoss in it. I do know that it was either Thomas J Williams (who Elizabeth Bennett DeMoss married) or the DeMosses were the first Anglos to settle west of the Colorado River.

Have you been able to figure out anything on Charles and Martha's parents?

Posted: 4 Jan 2002 4:50AM GMT
Edited: 18 Mar 2002 7:06PM GMT
Not yet. I have found a few people who say it is Louis DeMoss, but this Lewis' Charles and Peter married women with different names than mine. I have found nothing on Martha. I have looked on the hanbook of texas, which has alot of good info. I am researching Peter's grandaughter, Nancy Moore, my gggrandmother. She was of mixed american indian heritage. I am trying to find what tribe. Of course I have found nothing on the DeMoss side. I can find little on her father, and Peter's daughter's 1rst husband, Nicholas Moore. Well good luck and keep me posted if you find the parents, and let me know if there is anything else I can help with......joe

Posted: 25 Jul 2002 2:33AM GMT
I have some info I think you can use. Contact me at my e-mail rustygibson@txucom.net

Posted: 25 Jul 2002 2:34AM GMT
Sondra, contact me at my e-mail rustygibson@txucom.net
I have some info I think you can use.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic