Search for content in message boards

LOOKING FOR INFO ON GRANDMOTHER

LOOKING FOR INFO ON GRANDMOTHER

CHESTER LEO JOHNSTON (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2000 2:50PM GMT
MY GRANDMOTHERS NAME ( TO MY KNOWLDGE) WAS BORN HATTIE HODGES, LATER MARRIED TO MR. (?)BENNETT. SHE WAS NATIVE AMERICAN. I BELIVE THAT SHE WAS MARRIED IN ARKANSAS, AND PERHAPS BORN THERE AS WELL. IT'S BEEN LIKE PULLING TEETH TO GET INFO ON HER OR HER CHILD ( MY FATHER) TO MY KNOWLEDGE HIS FIRST NAME WAS LEO AND WAS MARRIED TO MY MOTHER IN 1937 (?) HE DIED IN AROUND 1940-41 OF GANGRENE FROM A BROKEN LEG ( OH FOR THE WONDERS OF MODERN MEDICINE THEN!)IF ANYONE HAS INFORMATION OR COULD TELL ME HOW TO GET INFORMATION ON THIS I WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE IT! I ALSO HAVE TWO HALF SISTERS GWEN AND WANDA THAT I HAVEN'T SEEN FOR ABOUT 40 YEARS. HOPEFULLY IT WON'T BE AS HARD TO FIND THEM!

HATTIE HODGES

WINDSONG (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2000 4:51PM GMT
CHESTER CAN YOU GIVE ME NAMES THAT GO WITH HATTIE LIKE HER CHILDREN OR BIRTHDATES. MY FAMILY (HODGES) ARE ALSO NATIVE AMERICAN AND WE HAD PEOPLE GO WEST AND NORTH. ILL DO MY BEST TO HELP IF I CAN

HATTIE HODGES

CHESTER AND SUZI (WIFE) (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2000 9:53AM GMT
THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY! AS FAR AS I KNOW HATTIE'S ONLY CHILD WAS MY HUSBANDS FATHER "LEO". WE'RE NOT EVEN SURE IF THAT WAS HIS GIVEN NAME AS WE CAN'T SEEN TO LOCATE IT ANYWHERE. HATTIE ( AGAIN, WAS THAT REALLY HER GIVEN NAME?) MARRIED A BENNETT.( IN ARKANSAS?) THEIR CHILD LEO MARRIED SOMEONE ( DID THEY DIVORCE OR DID SHE DIE?) AND HAD TWO GIRLS, WANDA AND GWEN. LEO MARRIED JUANITA (VENITA) FLEMMING AND THEY PRODUCED A SON, CHESTER LEO BENNETT. LEO HAD AN ACCIDENT AT WORK, BROKE HIS LEG AND GANGRENE SET IN AND HE DIED. LEOS MOTHER HATTIE MOVED IN WITH JUANITA TILL MANY YEARS LATER. MY HUSBAND REMEMBERS THAT SHE DID LIVE WITH HIM AFTER HE GOT MARRIED ( BY NOW, CHESTER WAS ADOPTED BY THE MAN THAT HIS MOTHER RE-MARRIED MR. JOHNSTON)THE LAST TIME THAT HE SAW HIS GRANDMOTHER, SHE WAS LIVING WITH ONE OF HIS HALF SISTERS GWEN OR WANDA AND SHE DIED IN THE 70'S . HE HASN'T SEEN THEM IN , WHAT, 30 YEARS? SO THEIR LAST KNOWN LAST NAMES WERE SMITH AND SAWYER. I THINK THAT THIS BUGS ME MORE THAN IT DOES HIM! CHESTER HAS 8 CHILDREN THAT WOULD LOVE TO KNOW JUST WHO THEIR ANCESTERS WERE! HE WAS TOLD THAT HATTIE WAS AN NATIVE AMERICAN PRINCESS AND THATS WHAT HE REMEBERS( AND SEVERAL NAMES THAT SHE WOULD CALL HIM!) I DO HAVE PICTURES OF HER!! BUT NONE OF MR. BENNETT. LET ME KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO SEND THEM TO YOU! GOT TO FOR NOW BUT LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU. SUZI

hattie

windsong (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2000 7:14PM GMT
i would love to see your picture it may help. chester do you know what nation your family is from. i am cherokee and there are a lot of hodges that got split up and adopted out. ill keep looking on my end if i find anything ill be sure to let you know.windsong

Hattie Hodges

Roy (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2000 9:18AM GMT
Joseph Hodges married Mary Philly in Chicksaw Co. MS. Of their 6 children one was named Hattie born 1896. He later married Emma Scott from Arkansas. They had 4 children.By 1910 they were in Milam Co. TX and in 1920 in Bowie Co. TX and I think later in Leon Co. TX. Unfortunately that's about all I or my cousin who gave me this info know. I don't know if this fits your time frame. Good luck.

South Carolina Hodges

Linda F. Hennrich nee Hodges (View posts)
Posted: 20 Apr 2000 3:12PM GMT
Windsong, I ran across a message to you and apparently you have some information about a Native American Hodges. My fathers famlily was from Sout Carolina. If you have any information on a John Tilman Hodges, or his son John Tilman Jr. please let me know. John Tilman Hodges Jr. married Susan Vincent of Kentucy in 1846. Children are: Jesse Franklin, Sue Ann, Martha, William Henry, Eli J., John T.

South Carolina Hodges

Linda F. Hennrich nee Hodges (View posts)
Posted: 20 Apr 2000 3:12PM GMT
Windsong, I ran across a message to you and apparently you have some information about a Native American Hodges. My fathers famlily was from Sout Carolina. If you have any information on a John Tilman Hodges, or his son John Tilman Jr. please let me know. John Tilman Hodges Jr. married Susan Vincent of Kentucy in 1846. Children are: Jesse Franklin, Sue Ann, Martha, William Henry, Eli J., John T.

john t

windsong (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2000 9:46AM GMT
have that name will get info from my dad and send as soo n as possible. write back to keep up

John Tilman Hodges

Linda Hennrich nee Hodges (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2000 11:45AM GMT
Recieved your message regarding John T. and am anxious to hear what you learn from your father. Hope there is a connection to my family. Feel free to email mle at Genghismom@aol.com, I would love to chat.

John Hodges of SC

Sam Ault (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 2000 10:19AM GMT
Hi
I am related to John Hodges of Hodges SC. He had about 16 children. John was a revolutionary war soldier as was his father.
John came to SC as a teenager. The was a large tract of land near Abbeyville SC the they owned that later became the town of Hodges SC. Are you kin to this Hodges?
Sam
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions