Posted: 24 Sep 2000 8:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Apr 2012 9:24PM GMT
Surnames: Leslie
Looking for info on ancestors of leslies from floyd county

Floyd Co. Kentucky

Bon (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2000 10:00PM GMT
My grandfather, Burl Leslie, was from the Russellville area of Kentucky. Russellville is in Logan Co. Our family has not been able to find out much about our ancestory. We are uncertain to whom his father was. We believe it was Tom Leslie and he changed the spelling of Leslie to Lesley.

Grandfather Burl Leslie

Linda Kay Leslie Greenwood (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 2000 10:21PM GMT
My grandfather's name was Burl Leslie, he was born in the vicinity of Henderson, Ky. We are not able to get much info on our ancestory. The story goes that his father was a stow away on a Scottish ship that had left port in Cuba and sailed to the U.S. He was discovered by the captain of the ship who took a liking to him even though he was a stow away. When they landed in U.S. the Captain had to put him to shore. This poor Cuban lad took on the captains name which was Leslie or Leslye.

Burl Leslie

Bonnie Jo Leslie Brown (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2000 8:46PM GMT
Hi Linda. Are you from the LaSalle County area? I put my original message in as Bon. If so, I don't think we have found out anything new. I couldn't remember the whole story of how our great grandfather made it out of Cuba. I was pulling from the back of my memory on the Tom Leslie, etc. Guess I should have paid a bit more attention to my family heritage (what little there is). : ) Please confirm my suspicians that we are related and know each other. : )

Floyd County, KY

Fred Leslie (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2000 7:58AM GMT
My father, Charley Leslie, Jr. was raised on Buffalo Creek. His mother was Grace Thompson. We do not know who his father was but assume his name was Charley Leslie, Sr.

Leslie's from floyd county ky

Posted: 3 Feb 2001 5:30PM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2002 1:04PM GMT
Hi Carol I think I have the info you want on the Leslie's

Leslie's from floyd county ky

Posted: 3 Feb 2001 5:31PM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2002 1:04PM GMT
Hi Carol I think I have the info you want on the Leslie's

Re: Leslie's from floyd county ky

Posted: 22 Apr 2012 4:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Apr 2012 9:24PM GMT
Surnames: Walker, Leslie
I know this is an old post, but hopefully you are still there. I am searching information on Lottie Walker born 1874 who married Banner Leslie in Floyd Co Kentucky. If anyone has any information, would much appreciate it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions