Search for content in message boards

Finding John McDuffie?- Ships

Finding John McDuffie?- Ships

Posted: 18 Apr 2003 7:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello, my 6th great-granfather John McDuffie came to the America's in 1749 from Colonsay. I think... I'm tring to find any ships that came from there or any other way to find him. He might have changed his last name. He could be MacFie MacFee and so on but his name when he came here was McDuffie. Is there any way to find him?

Re: Finding John McDuffie?- Ships

sheri horton (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2005 9:45PM GMT
don't know what ship he came on but no he didn't change his name , he was a McDuffie and remained so in the north carolina area .he is also my 7thgreat grand father

sheri hieron

Jennifer McDuffie (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2005 12:39AM GMT
Surnames: McDuffie
Hello, Do you have any more info on John McDuffie? I'm stuck! I got my information from a McDuffie Bible.

Colin Brooks (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2005 3:06AM GMT
Surnames: McDuffee; Boyd; Ham; Towne
Give us some more info. Where do you first find him? Who are his children, and where did they go? McDuffee's are in America from 1720 so your location for your John is really important.

Jennifer McDuffie (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2005 5:26AM GMT
Surnames: McDuffie
My sixth-Great Grandfather, John Mcduffie, in 1749 settled in Cumberland County, North Carolina, near Cross Creek (Fayetteville). He had two sons, one was named Archibald. Archibald had two sons, one unknown and the other an Archibald who married a Rebecca Gee. I have my McDuffie tree on my website...
http://www.artxpressions.com/Genealogy-McDuffie_.html
If you scroll down the page you'll find it. If anyone has any info please tell me.

Posted: 15 Jun 2010 4:12PM GMT
Hello, My Great (2x great grendfather) was John Ducan Black McDuffie. I have some information about him if this is a relative of who you are looking for. He was born in 1835 in South Carolina. His dad could have been named John also.

Thanks,
-Carl VH

Posted: 15 Jun 2010 4:14PM GMT
I have found a McDuffie Family bible but the owner is elderly says that it is packed away and is looking for it. I would be interested in you info.

Thanks,
-Carl VH

Posted: 23 Jun 2010 2:49AM GMT
Daniel McDuffie (1st generation in America) came with the Argyll Colony in September 1739 (from the book Carolina Scots, 1998 by 1739 Publications, by Douglas F. Kelley) I purchased the book on Amazon.com. There is a John, Sr.(2nd generation), a John, Jr. (3rd generation), and a James Neil(4th generation, who is my great grandfather.This information is listed in FamilyTreeMaker.com under Daniel McDuffie. I have just started my research and have found a lot but have to filter through because so many given names are used through all the generations. Hope this helps.

Posted: 23 Jul 2010 7:41PM GMT
I will get that book. Thanks!

Posted: 6 May 2011 10:41PM GMT
hi i have a john mcduffie from north carolina that married a mary mcvickers they had 3 children that i know of Archie Mcduffie born about 1870

james e. mcduffie born about 1875

and nettie mcduffie born about 1874
do you know of this family somewhere along the line archie stopped at waycross, georgia and james and nettie ended up in greene county, mississippi

also this would make thier father john mcduffie and mary mcvicker's age about or between born on 1840 1850 help me
per page

Find a board about a specific topic