Search for content in message boards

Barzilla Richmond

Barzilla Richmond

Jeremy (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2000 2:00PM GMT
I am the son of Kent Cary Richmond, the son of Kenneth Leon Richmond, the son of Leon Moore Richmond, the son of Cornelius Thomas Richmond, the son of Barzilla Richmond.

Brazillia Richmond

Charles Richmond (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2000 9:02AM GMT
I am Charles Richmond IV. Son of Charles III,Son of Irl,Son of Charles Jr., Son of Brazillia. I guess we must be Cousins.If you would like more info dating back to the year 1000ad, E mail me.

Barzilla Richmond

To Charles Richmond from Jeremy (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2000 8:41PM GMT
Do you know if Brazillia's wife is called Sarah Jane Moore, because that's the name of Barzilla's wife.

Barzilla Richmond

Charles Richmond to Jeremy (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2000 1:39PM GMT
Jeremy, Yes; The info I have on Barzilla is that he was born April 13,1804 perhaps at Canandigua,N.Y. and married december 25,1834 to Sarah Jane Moore. Daughter of David Moore and Margaret Clowsdale, who emigrated from Westmoreland, England April 2,1813. She died Jan.5,1895, having been married to a Dr.Mills after Barzilla died April 16,1863 South Johnstown, Wis. George Codding Richmond (son of Barzilla) was born Aug.16,1837 in Hulberton, N.Y. died Mar.31,1917. Married to Electa Colby Irl Richmond (my grandfather) was the son of George, married to Leona lived in Rochester Minn. where he died at the age of 42. Their children were Joice,Charles III, and Robert.My Aunt and Uncle; Joice and Robert are still alive in Minn. My father Charles died back in the early 80's. I'm not quite sure how we are related, perhaps you are related to George, or maybe another child of Barzilla's. I'd be vary interested to know what info you might have. If you go back on the message board and look up "The First Richmonds" by Tim Richmond, you will find our family history back to the year 1050. I have traced our linage back to where Tims info leaves off, and have made a direct connection from from John Richmond 1594-166? If you wish to see more info go to this page . I am adding to the list of Tim's, all the info. I have. Hope to here from you.

Ancestry

Jeremy Richmond (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2000 4:28PM GMT
Thanks alot for that information. I'm amazed that Richmonds can be traced far that back. I was afraid that our ancestors might have been commoners who got their name from their landowner and in that case, the ancestry would be very hard to trace. Sadly I don't much about Barzilla or his son Cornelius Thomas Richmond who I am descended from. I do know that Cornelius was born in Lima Center, Rock, Wis. in June 10, 1847. He was married in March 18, 1900 to Camilla Emilia Holt. He had at least to sons who were Leon Moore Richmond(who I am descended from) who was born in 1905 at Leon, Kansas,was a boxer when he was young(he got his nickname Lonnie when the announcer at a boxing match said his name wrong saying Lon instead of Leon)and died in 1985 at Vernal, Utah, and Cornelius Jr. Richmond(nicknamed Corny)who was arrested for bootlegging during the Prohibition and died in prison of pneumonia. I think my lack of information on Barzilla and his children(such as George Codding Richmond and Cornelius Thomas Richmond) is due to the fact that Leon was 8 years old when his father Cornelius died and he also lived far away from the rest of his family so he wouldn't know much about his family history.My father had told me about the John Alden thing but he said he didn't where it came from.

Re: Brazillia Richmond

Posted: 14 Jul 2009 6:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am odell Richmond do you Know any one who knows any thing
about David Moore Born 1822 Married Margaret Clowsdale Had a Daughter Sarah Jane Moore who married Barzilla Richmond.

Posted: 14 Jul 2009 6:26AM GMT
I am odell Richmond do you Know any one who knows any thing
about David Moore Born 1822 Married Margaret Clowsdale Had a Daughter Sarah Jane Moore who married Barzilla Richmond. Oodellr3@yahoo.com

Re: Barzilla Richmond

Posted: 15 Jul 2009 2:32AM GMT
Have you any more on MarGaret Clowsdale and David moore
Is that Rev Moore.

Re: Barzilla Richmond

Posted: 26 Jan 2010 2:05AM GMT
Yes

Posted: 26 Jan 2010 2:06AM GMT
I would like that
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions