Search for content in message boards

Castlegregory O`Connors

Castlegregory O`Connors

Posted: 11 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Oct 2006 3:55AM GMT
Surnames: O`Connor
I am searching for information on my great grandfather, Patrick O`Connor, who was born in Castlegregory, Tralee, in 1849. He emmigrated to N.Z. in 1869. His father may have been named Jeremiah. Thanks for any assistance

Maureen Sharp

O'Connors of Castlegregory

Posted: 25 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Feb 2002 9:28AM GMT
Surnames: O'Connor
Maureen, this may be a long shot, but I have O'Connor relatives from Castlegregory, some of whom are in NZ.
My address is 104 Harris Crescent, Papanui, Christchurch, 8005, NZ. I have some info that may be of interest to you, although at present it is too vague to put on the web. I was in Castlegregory recently trying to get a steer on some of it. Get in touch if you are interested.

Terry Heffernan

Re Patrick O'Connor

Posted: 3 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 4:00PM GMT
Maureen, My great grandfather was also a Patrick O'Connor. What part of Castlegregory parish was your great grand-father from?

O'Connor's in Castlegregory

Edited: 12 Jul 2001 2:22AM GMT
My grandfather is from Castlegregory. His name is John O'Connor. He came from a large family. I do not know all his siblings. His father's name was Edmund O'Connor and his mother was Ellen Flaherty. He had brothers - Michael whose wife's name was Kate, Edmund, Patrick, and Daniel. He had 2 sisters that I know of also -- Mary who came to the US and married in 1891 James Kennedy in Lawrence MA, and Bridgit who lived in Ireland and married another O'Connnor family Maurice was his name I think. Sounf familiar to anyone??

Re O'Connors of Castlegregory

What part of Castlegregory are your O'Connors from. My mother is an O'Connor from the Castlegregory parish.
Regards,
Mary

Re O'Connors of Castlegregory

Posted: 4 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
What was the area or townland in Castlegregory? Regards, Mary

re Patrick O`CONNOR

Posted: 5 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Oct 2006 3:55AM GMT
Surnames: O`CONNOR
Mary,
I don`t know where in Castlegregory my Patrick was from. All I know is that he was in the armed constabulary,he was catholic, and his father`s name may have been Jeremiah. Sorry, not much help.
Maureen

o'connors of Castlegregoryq

Posted: 5 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jul 2001 2:22AM GMT
Surnames: o'connor
I do not know the area...just that they owned a farm. I thought Castlegregory was a small tonwsship??

O Connors of Castlegregory

Posted: 10 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: O Connor
Maureen,
There are a few families of O'Connors in the Castlegregory parish area. My mother is one of them. Her family originated from Faha, Cloghane. Other O'Connor families were in Kilcummin, Aughacasla, Maharees. I can't think of any others at the moment. The Maharees O'Connors are connected to ours through marriage. My grand-aunt was married to one of the Maharees O'Connors.
Regards,
Mary

O Connor Families in the Maharees

Posted: 16 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 7:49PM GMT
Surnames: O CONNOR
Greetings Mary. I am interested in learning which O Connor family you are related to in the Maharees. The Gusty, Darby or Blacksmith O Connors? Which townland? Kilshannig, Caundeehy, Maherabeg, Fahamore?

Slan,

Helen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions