Search for content in message boards

Reifels in Utah and Kansas

Reifels in Utah and Kansas

Posted: 19 Mar 2008 6:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Reifel, Miller
I have a Reifel family living in Marysville, Marshall, Kansas from 1895 thru 1930 with the following names:

Charles, b. abt. 1847?, possibly New York?
married to Margaret Kunz, b. abt. 1864?
Children's names:
Charles
Margaret
Mary
Willie (William?)
Emma
John
Paul
Annie?

I Believe the 2 oldest children, Charles and Margaret were born in Utah. Margaret married Louis Miller in Marysville, Marshall, Kansas. Miller is my line.

Any help with this branch would be terrific...

Cynthia Falk Fowles

Re: Reifels in Utah and Kansas

Posted: 19 Mar 2008 8:49PM GMT
If unknown to you:
1900 census,Marysville,KS
Reifel,Charles-born Aug.1845-54;married 11yrs;born Germany,parents same;immigration 1868-naturalized;land lord
wife-Maggie-born Feb.1860;40;married 11yrs; 3 children born, 3 living;born NY,parents born Germany
daughter-Emma-born Nov 1889;10;born KS
daughter-Maggie-born Jan 1892;8;born UT
son-Paulie-born Feb.1893;7;born KS

In 1895 Marshall Co.,there are children of Charles in the home-Charles age 23,born IN; and Mary age 18-born CA.

Mary married John F.Moser in abt.1896-per 1900 census;born Nov.1877,and both her parents born in Germany. She had lost 2 babies by 1900, but in 1910 had children Moody,Margaret,Elsie and Rose;in 1915 had added George.

And of course, most of these folks can be found to be buried in the Marysville City Cemetery:
http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/ks/marshall/cemeteries/...

you migh look here for volunteer help in Marshall County:
http://raogk.com/search.html

Paul REIFEL, Marysville city council, 1947

Posted: 20 Mar 2008 10:53PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Reifel, Beveridge, Galloway, Ransch, Coleman, Anderson, Eddy, Ewart
Atchison Daily Globe
Atchison, Kansas
Wednesday, April 02, 1947 | Page 2

Marysville -- Dr. J.A. Beveridge elected mayor as only 266 of the 1,815 registered voters went to the polls. R.N. GALLOWAY, Paul REIFEL, William RANSCH and Don COLEMAN elected to the city council. Named to the school board were Elmer ANDERSON, William F. EDDY and Dr. R. K. EWART.

Re: Paul REIFEL, Marysville city council, 1947

Posted: 21 Mar 2008 3:08AM GMT
Surnames: Reifel, Miller, Falk, Fowles
Thank you both for your help.
Since you directed me to 1900 US census I will take it from there and see if I can come up with a connection to all the Reifels I have seen from IN and NY.

It's a start. But I can't help wondering what they were doing in Utah before they came to Kansas. Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Cynthia Falk Fowles
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions