Search for content in message boards

Oughterard Parish. Clancy/John - Burke/ Margaret

Oughterard Parish. Clancy/John - Burke/ Margaret

Posted: 30 Nov 2002 9:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Clancy/Burke/ Molloy
I have the marriage record of the Clancy/Burke union on April
3rd 1888.Seven girls came from this marriage.
Mary - 9Apr. 1889
Margaret - 20Jul. 1890
Helen - 11Mar. 1892
Bridget - 24Mar. 1894
Barbara - 20Mar. 1896
Anne - 19May 1899
Nora - 20Jun 1901

I have marriage records for the parents of John Clancy.
William Clancy and Mary Molloy marriage on Feb. 11,1850.
at parish Killcumin Oughterard. Also the names and birth dates of the children from this union.
I hope to hear from friends/relatives.

Re: Oughterard Parish. Clancy/John - Burke/ Margaret

Posted: 12 Mar 2008 7:32PM GMT
Surnames: clancy, burke
Just found your post! What great news! My great-grandfather and great grandmother are John clancy and Margaret Burke! I have been trying to find some dates on them since 2005!
Thank you! Any other information would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 12 Mar 2008 9:13PM GMT
Surnames: Clancy & McCauley
Thank you for your response, lol Your the first in 6 years.
As my original message states, I have birth dates and marriage dates.My grandmother was Helen Clancy, she and some of her sisters came to America and married.Her mother Margaret Burke died at a young age. John Clancy remarried. Again, your the first responder. What was your grandmother or grandfather names?

Posted: 12 Mar 2008 10:04PM GMT
My grandmother was Barbara Clancy. She came to the US and married Thomas Booker. Did Helen also reside in NY?

Posted: 26 Apr 2009 1:38AM GMT
My mother is Christina Clancy, sister of Noreen, Teresa, Josephine, Barbara and several others, all from Oughterard. There were 12 sisters, all of whom emigrated to the US after their mother died. My mother is the youngest of 18 (my grandfather married again, and had 6 more children. I can be reached at johnmonahan@sbcglobal.net.

Posted: 26 Apr 2009 7:50AM GMT
Hello,
Great to hear from you. As you can see, it's been a while since my first post. I did hear from DeeForce. She was kind enough to send pictures of the Clancy girls, including your Mom. As well as a picture of John Clancy and the farm. Have you been to Ireland? I hope to go some day. Of course I'm not getting and younger, I'll have to do it within the next few years.

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 12:34AM GMT
Looking for information on Thomas Clancy and Kate Connelly from Oughterard. I know of two of their children Mary Clancy (b: 1891 d: 1945 - Chicago)(married to Bernhard Schloemer and James Curren) and William Joseph Clancy (b: 1892 d:1960 - Wisconsin).

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 2:08AM GMT

Hi
As you may have noticed my post were done a number of years ago, I never got any feedback. Sorry I couldn't have been of more help. I wish you well in your search.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic