Search for content in message boards

Carrolls of Cork

Carrolls of Cork

Posted: 22 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 May 2002 3:40AM GMT
Surnames: CARROLL
I'm looking for Carroll ancestors from Cork. I understand most Carrolls are not from Cork, so I'm hoping someone can help.

The farthest I can go back is to my gr-gr-grandfather John Carroll, born 1837 in Cork. He married Ellen Hennessey, born 1839 in Cork, and they immigrated to Wisconsin. They had 7 children. Both died in 1909 and are buried in Lancaster, Wisconsin.

Any info to share?

Carroll from Cork

Posted: 25 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 3:13AM GMT
Surnames: Carroll, Leary
Dear Amy,

I wish I did have more info on John and Bridget Carroll. Joseph was born 1828 in Ireland. I was alway told to us as children that our Carroll were cousin to the signer on the Dec. of Indp. does that help?

Thank you,

Donna

Carrolls from Cork

Edited: 25 May 2002 3:40AM GMT
Surnames: CARROLL
Those names don't click, but I'm wondering about your John and Bridget Carroll. Did they have other children besides your g-g grandfather Joseph Carroll? Or do you know anything about John's siblings? Also, some years would help to give some frame of reference. Allbest,
AmyC

Carroll's from Cork

Surnames: Carroll, Leary, Bulger
Dear Amy,
I am also reserching Carroll's from Cork. My g-g-g grandparents were John and Bridget Carroll, my g-g grandparents were Joseph Carroll and Margaret Leary Carroll from County Cork, Ireland. They had eight children Ellen, Frank, Margaret, James, Sarah, Eliza, Julia and Mary. Julia was my g-grandmother who married James H. Bulger. They had two daughters Gladys and Mildred. Does any of this fit your puzzel? Hope so!

Regards,

Donna

Charle's cousin

Myra Carroll (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Carroll, Lynn, Halsted, McDiarmid
My ggg grandfather, William Carroll, was cousin to Charles of Carrollton. Do you have any of Charles uncles names? My William Carroll married Mary Lynn and had 12 children. The only child I know of was born in 1797 in Fayette County, PA. His name was Daniel Lynn Carroll. I have connected his line but can not find his siblings. There may be more information at the Presbyterian Historical Society in Philadelphia. I'm in Minnesota and can't get there. Any connections?

CARROLL'S

JACKIE OZMENT (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT

Charles Carroll of Carrolton's Cousins

Posted: 4 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Carroll, Leary, Casey, Tighe, Bulger
My gg-grandfather was Joseph Carroll b 1828-Ireland d 10 Nov 1882-Willimantic, Ct. married Margaret Leary b 1832 County Cork, Ireland d 22 Jun 1897-Willimatic, Ct. They had eight children. Ellen, Frank sp: Hannah(Anna) Casey, Mary, Margaret, sp: James Tighe b Apr 1844, Sligo, Ireland, James, sp:Elizebeth A. Lee b 1861, Ireland, Sarah Jane, Eliza Ann, Julia, sp: James H. Bulger b 1862,Fitchville, Ct. Joesph work as a coal miner in Pa. They lived in Carbondale, Scranton, Wilkes-Barre and Philadelpha Pa.His parents were John & Bridget. Joseph is cousin to Charles Carroll is "family wisdom". But the only clue to link them is there families both were from Pa. I would really like to pursue the Carroll history.

Daniel Carroll(Fayette Co,PA)

James Carroll Andrews (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Carroll, Reynolds, Andrews, Olle, Kopplin
I am related to Daniel Carroll of Fayette Co, PA (wife = Nancy Sampe) and would like to coorespond with anyone who might have info on this family. Family history also says that this man was related to Cahrles Carroll of Declaration of Independance fame, although, no hard evidence as yet.

His daughter married Granville Reynolds of Westernport, MD and moved to Illinois.

I think that Daniel's father was a Daniel also and may have come over with Wm Penn????????

Carrolling!

Julianna Carroll Elizondo (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Carroll, Taylor, White, Cromwell, Enslow, DeGear, Panny
I too heard when I was small that we were related to Charles Carroll of Carrollton. My Carrolls came from Maryland around the Washington, DC area. Anyone out there with the same ties? I would like to correspond with anyone that is interested in any of these lines.

Carrolls in Baltimore, MD

John E. Switzer (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Carroll
I was born in Baltimore, Jan 1, 1940. My mother was Thelma Carroll. She passed away and her mother, Angela Carroll, placed me at St. Ann's Home. When I was adopted, a nun told my adopted mother that I was related to John Carroll and to Charles Carroll. That's all I know right now.
I have been informally pursueing the possible connection for a while, but have not been able to verify these names.
It's possible that the good nun was just trying to ease my new mothers fears?? Or??
If you've ever seen either of those names, or "David Lee" in any of your searches, I'd be interested.Who knows. Baltimore is only 30 miles away from D.C.!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions