Search for content in message boards

Marriage look-up needed for Edwin J. Longfield

Marriage look-up needed for Edwin J. Longfield

diane (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 2005 7:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Longfield, Sundeen, Kelley, Webster,Danielson, Helm
I need a marriage look-up for Edwin J. Longfield he was born Feb. 10, 1900 his second wife was MyGreta (Kelley) I need any info on the 1st wife! I just found out about her so nothing is known at this time. I appreciate any help i can get. And thank you much
Diane

Re: Marriage look-up needed for Edwin J. Longfield

Posted: 1 Jan 2006 7:02AM GMT
Hi Diane,
Here is his WW2 registration info if you do not already have.

U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946 Record
about Edwin J Longfield
Name: Edwin J Longfield
Birth Year: 1900
Race: White, citizen
Nativity State or Country: Wisconsin
State: Wisconsin
County or City: Dane

Enlistment Date: 13 Aug 1942
Enlistment State: Wisconsin
Enlistment City: Milwaukee
Branch: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA
Branch Code: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA
Grade: Private
Grade Code: Private
Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
Component: Selectees (Enlisted Men)
Source: Enlisted Man, Regular Army, after 3 months of Discharge

Education: 2 years of high school
Civil Occupation: Tracktor Driver* or Truck Driver, Heavy or Chauffeur or Truck Driver, Light An asterisk (*) appearing after a job title indicates that a trade test for the particular occupation will be found in the United States Employment Service Manual, Oral Trade Test
Marital Status: Divorced, without dependents
Height: 67
Weight: 146

I will try to look up his marriage, but if you do not hear from me by the end of the week, please remind me!.

Erin

diane (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2006 7:21AM GMT
Surnames: Longfield
Erin,
thank you so much! No I didn't have all of this info. I did know his birht and death - but I was told he was never in the service, so I didn't even look for that Info - I guess I should know better, and just try and find out things on my own anyway. You have been a HUGE help to me and I really appreciate the time you took to do this for me.
thanks again,
Diane

Posted: 3 Jan 2006 12:53PM GMT
The WW1 draft index is really cool. It doesn't mean the person served though, everyone had to register.
Erin

diane (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2006 3:10PM GMT
Surnames: longfield
beacuse money is so tight for me I've only been able to check out the free stuff for genealogy. I did get a chance to look up some draft cards when ancestry had it open for a time for free. I've had help from caring people such as yourself also - most of the info I have I've gotten from others - some I've been able to find on my own though.
diane

Posted: 6 Jan 2006 7:34PM GMT
Hi Diane,
I looked at Dane Co. Vital records today, and there is no marriage record for a Edwin Longfield. It is possible they married elsewhere, my own family has relatives that went down to Winnebago Co., Ill to get married, as they couldn't be married in a church because of religious differences.
Erin

Diane (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2006 5:51AM GMT
Surnames: Longfield
Hi Erin,
Well, thanks for trying anyway. You still were of Great help to me and I really Appreciate it. It's hard to believe his second wife says she never knew the name - SECRETS in geology - I hate that! 2nd wife won't even tell her own Granddaughter anything about him! Now, that's sad - the granddaughter has to go by the things I can remember about Edwin! I even had to dig up pictures as she never even knew what he looked like!
Thanks again you are very kind to help others! And I know you've helped LOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Diane

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 4:24AM GMT
i now believe edwin jesse longfields wife was martha. i would like to know her maiden name if possible. edwin & martha were divorced before 1942

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 4:36AM GMT
i believe Edwin jesse longfield was an inmate in 1940 census head of household edward A. fischer. residence in 1935 fort dodge, iowa

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 5:41AM GMT
Surnames: Longfield, Barber, Danielson
Hope this is of some help.
Capital Times Newspaper, Madison, WI
Oct. 20, 1920
Edwin J. Longfield married Martha Ellen Barber daughter of Mrs. Robert Barber on August 21, 1920 at Rockford, Illinois. (Winnebago County). He is the son of Mrs. J.M. Danielson of North Franklin St., Madison. He is associated with the 3F Laundry. Mrs. Danielson's parents reside in Dodgeville, Iowa Co. WI.
There are some other notices regarding his various visits to prison, which appeared to me to be driving under the influence. If you would like this information please let me know. These incidents were around the 40's. You can e-mail me marana@tds.net and I can send you a pdf file of newspaper articles. Will check census records if you need them.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions