Search for content in message boards

Blackwell DNA for George Blackwell, NC and Davidson Blackwell, GA

Blackwell DNA for George Blackwell, NC and Davidson Blackwell, GA

Posted: 25 Feb 2012 7:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have done DNA on my line of Blackwells from Columbus county NC, and am part of the R1a1 group. I am one point away from someone in Alabama and Mississippi, one of which traces back to 1810 Georgia Davidson Blackwell. We must have further DNA samples to sort out these numerous lines from SC, GA, and NC. Please consider testing your male lines of Blackwells. If you have any further info on any of these lines please contact me.
Jamie Blackwell

Re: Blackwell DNA for George Blackwell, NC and Davidson Blackwell, GA

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 12:21AM GMT
I have a George Blackwell in my direct line. His son, Abraham (1742 - 1835) is my 4th great grandfather. I did the DNA testing on Ancestry.com but it does not give haplo group, just my ethnic background which was British Isles, Eastern European and Scandinavian. I don't know if this would help you or not. How much is the testing for the Blackwells from NC. David Blackwell

Re: Blackwell DNA for George Blackwell, NC and Davidson Blackwell, GA

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 12:16PM GMT
Hello. It's good to hear from another Blackwell using DNA testing for research.
My dna can be found at http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Blackwell Click into one of the ydna results and look for the R1a1 group. That's me. You can compare your results from ancestry.com and see if we're in the same ballpark.

Either way, I'm intereste in your research. There seem to be 2 Abraham's from that era, one in Bladen county married to Nancy, and the more well known one from the Florence SC area married to Sara. Some researchers have their data grouped together, but I'm not convinced that they are the same person. Bladen's data is scarce. I've also not seen any data to link Abraham directly to George from Sampson cty. Thanks for contactimg me, and I hope that there is a dna match. BTW, my email is jblackwell at nc.rr.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions