Search for content in message boards

McLaughlin in Ripon

McLaughlin in Ripon

Posted: 2 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Jul 2003 8:10PM GMT
Surnames: McLaughlin, Coyne
I am looking for anyone who has information or that would be willing to look up vitals on Elizabeth McLaughlin born abt.1860-1865 near or in Ripon, Fond Du lac Cty. Elizabeth married James Coyne of Portage about 1880 and moved to CA or OR. Elizabeth Died in 1904 leaving 7 children orphaned. Thanks, Donna

McLaughlin update

Posted: 30 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2003 8:10PM GMT
Surnames: Mclaughlin, Heffron, Coyne
After a year of searching I have new information to add to my McLaughlin family search! After a long drive on a winding back road, I found a lovely little cemetery. Much to my surprise I found the next generation back engraved on a beautiful gravestone. This is what it read:
Patrick Mclaughlin 71 years died 3-7-1887
Wife Margaret Heffron age 61 died 8-2-1886
James: son of Patrick and Margaret

How lucky I was that my GG Grandmother had her maiden name on the stone!
After going thru census records, I determined that James was only a child when he died. Other children were:
Catherine b abt. 1851
Mary (Maria) b abt. 1853
Elizabeth b abt. 1857
James b abt. 1860

I don't know what happen to Catherine or Mary yet. Elizabeth (G Grandmother) married in 1881 to James Coyne.
Any information anyone can share on this family would be appreciated.

Re: McLaughlin update

Posted: 14 Oct 2008 3:04AM GMT
Surnames: McLaughlin, Heffran, Callahan
I know what happened to Mary McLaughlin, a daughter of Patrick McLaughlin and M. Heffran. She is my mother's grandmother. Mary McLoughlin Callahan had 12 children with her husband Thomas A. Callahan. They lived in many places along the route of the railroad system going west. Thomas was a railroad engineer. I know they lived in Morris, Minn, my grandfather Clayton Thomas Callahan was born there. They settled finally in Minot,ND where Thomas, who died in 1927 and Mary, who died in 1947(?)both are buried along with several of their children. Patrick and Margaret are my GGgrandparents on my mother's father's side.

I have been trying to find information on them and the callahan children for sometime now. Not much has surfaced, their names being so common for a Irishman.

I hope this reaches you after so many years since your posting about your McLaughlin ancesstor.

Posted: 17 Jul 2009 7:40PM GMT

Theresa
I just noticed this update! I am so happy to hear from you!
I believe both Mclaughlin and Heffron families were from Kings County Ireland.

Please contact me at fredsix@centurytel.net we need to talk.

Posted: 17 Jul 2009 8:02PM GMT
from the Ripon Library/Pedrick Notes;
Austin Callahan died at his home 6 1/2 miles northwest of the city (RIPON) Nov 27 1896, age 80 yrs; congestion of the brain; funeral from St. Patricks; came from NY about 40 years ago; was born in Ireland; engaged in construction work on the northern division of the St. Paul railway, when he built through this section; received a paralytic stroke about the year 1872,and was rendered helpless the remainder of his days; four children survive him, Thomas of Morris, MN, Michael of Ripon, Mrs. Frank Shattuck of Ripon,and Richard of Kaukauna.
My guess is that Thomas was the oldest son born around 1854?
Michael born sept 15th 1858 in claire County Ireland; son of Austin and Johanna Callahan

Posted: 19 Feb 2010 2:00AM GMT
Sorry I am so late in responding to your last post of July 2009. My mom says she doesn't know much about Mary McLaughlins siblings, but she has been ill for a while now and it's an effort to talk at any length. She remembers a few of her uncles spending time with her family when she was a child in Montana. Some of the girls. Ag and Blanche were alive as I grew up. they use to send us $1 every chirstmas, big money back then. Thomas (Mom's grandfather) came to the US from Ireland with Michael and his parents. Richard and the daughter were born her on the family farm (Ripon) Mary, also born in Ireland, came as a young child to the US. That's all for now...I keep asking her and her sister Roseann about their memories of the callahan/mclaughlin side.

Posted: 26 Jan 2013 1:58AM GMT
I am the grand daughter of Lauren and Margaret la hue. My grandmother's maiden name was Coyne.
I was born in San Jose. I have a brother as well.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions