Search for content in message boards

Holliday

Posted: 27 Nov 2000 6:08AM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 5:09PM GMT
I am looking for info on mu grgrgrandfather, David Holliday born 1827 Ireland. His wife was Eliza Mahaffey. The had 8 children in Quincy, Ill: Alexander, John, Elizabeth, Anna, Sarah Jane, Marietta, Sarah Jane #2, and Ellen C; who was my greatgrandmother. Any info would be appreciated.

Holliday Family

Posted: 28 Nov 2000 12:54PM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2001 4:14AM GMT
I have a David Holliday (parents William and Jane) born in County Antrim, Northern Ireland. Lived in Illinois. I'm at work now but have all my info at home .... I'd be happy to share with you. Theresa

David Holliday

Posted: 5 Dec 2000 5:00PM GMT
My David Holliday was born in Southern Illinois in 1861 to parents John Holliday and Mary Ann MaWhinney Holliday. His father was John Holliday born in 1810 in Co. Antrim Ireland. Family immigrated in 1819. TR

holliday information

Posted: 5 Jan 2001 5:30AM GMT
Edited: 24 Oct 2001 4:22AM GMT
Have you k;nowledge of the five Holliday Brothers coming to America, by way of England in their own boat, being seized by the King of England? They landed in GA. and after two years only recovered half of their money? JM

RE: Holliday Research

Posted: 5 Jan 2001 7:56AM GMT
I'm sorry but your information doesn't fit with my family research. My Hollidays came over from County Antrim, Ireland in about 1816. TR
Posted: 5 Jan 2001 10:31AM GMT
Y0u mis understood, I asked if you had ever heard this. I do not have any information on my fathers family, other than his siblings and his father Dale Martel Holliday from Red Cloud Nebraska. We are trying to get the correct information on the Holliday name for out Pedigree Chart. This Holliday ties in with Glenn Surname also.

Holliday Brothers

Posted: 29 Jan 2001 1:44PM GMT
Edited: 22 Apr 2002 7:29PM GMT
Judith, I've heard of the story of the Holliday Brothers but have no info on the situation. I currently have 14 generations of Hollidays from Somerset County, Pa. I've just recently been informed that Thomas Holliday(1766-1854)a shoemaker has several brothers who were spread out through the Carolinas and Georgia. My research indicates that Thomas was born in Scotland and immigrated to the US. I've not been able to find how or when but I do search on. So you see it is quite possible that the story of the Holliday Brothers become more factual everyday. If you'd like I'll keep you posted on my research in both US and Scotland. Best Regards, Doc Holliday

Dale Martel Holliday

Posted: 29 Jan 2001 3:38PM GMT
If you would like, I could give you my know information and then if and when you publish a book, you will have the Red Cloud Nebraska group and they tie in with the Glenn's who started the Christan movement in the United States, One was a circute minister that preached to Abe Lincoln. It is very interesting. I found some notes that I took while visiting my counsin Jimmy Holliday in Hastings Nebraska, several years ago. None of the information had anything to do with Chief Red Cloud. My uncle said that grandfather Holliday was probly telling me a tale. So the names that I have are probly the ones to go on. However since the story of the ship and the King of England came off of the television, there might be some truth to it. JM

Dale Martel Holliday

Posted: 29 Jan 2001 3:38PM GMT
If you would like, I could give you my know information and then if and when you publish a book, you will have the Red Cloud Nebraska group and they tie in with the Glenn's who started the Christan movement in the United States, One was a circute minister that preached to Abe Lincoln. It is very interesting. I found some notes that I took while visiting my counsin Jimmy Holliday in Hastings Nebraska, several years ago. None of the information had anything to do with Chief Red Cloud. My uncle said that grandfather Holliday was probly telling me a tale. So the names that I have are probly the ones to go on. However since the story of the ship and the King of England came off of the television, there might be some truth to it. JM

Your Information

Posted: 30 Jan 2001 11:12AM GMT
Edited: 22 Apr 2002 7:29PM GMT
Judith, Please send me the info you have and let monder over it for a spell and see if I can make a connection between you and me. Also did you email me with a specific site to go to?? I tried the site and couldn' get in. If you did please send it again. I'm building a file on as many Hollidays as I can find and work on them as time allows. Thanks for your info. Doc Holliday
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions