Search for content in message boards

Dallas Knotts and family

Dallas Knotts and family

Posted: 20 Aug 2005 12:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Knotts, Mixon, Watford, Wilkes
I'm looking for any information on Dallas Knotts. My grandmother and Great Aunt told me that my g-g-g-grandfather's name was probably Dallas. He had a few sons and one of them were Durant Knotts, my g-g-grandfather. He married Lydia Pearl Watford and had some children, one of them being my g-grandfather Albert Leon Knotts Sr. He married Laura Annie Mixon and had 8 children: 1.Margaret Virginia (Knotts) Stone, 2.Mary Ann (Knotts) Wilkes, my grandmother, 3.Albert Leon Knotts Jr., 4.Lydia Pearl (Knotts) Britt, 5.Larry Ray Knotts, 6.Carolyn Faye (Knotts) Garner Walker, & 7.Gary Edward Knotts "Pete". All of these people were mainly born in Lamar and Darlington County. If anyone has any info, please email/respond to my message. I will be very happy to find/get any information.
Nicki
enw89@yahoo.com or Nicki421@comcast.net

Re: Dallas Knotts and family

Posted: 13 Nov 2009 4:54AM GMT
my father is dallas knotts sr.my grand father name is ray knotts,i had a aunt named mary knotts.they r all from florence s.c.somewhere in that area lamar s.c.also a aunt named linda..if u know any of these people contact me please ...christina knotts

Posted: 14 Nov 2009 1:00AM GMT
Surnames: Knotts
Those names do sound familiar. We're probably related somewhere. I'm related to a lot of Knotts from Lamar. Have you by chance gone to any of the reunions held at Lee State Park? I've gone to it twice. I'll just give you what I have to see if you recognize any of the names.

My grandmother is Mary Ann Knotts born 1936. Her parents were Albert Leon Knotts Sr. born 1908, died 1999 & Laurie Annie (Mixon) Knotts Hodge born 1912, died 1989. My grandmother is the 2nd oldest of 8 children: Margaret Virginia (Knotts) Stone, Mary Ann (Knotts) Wilkes, Albert Leon Knotts Jr., Lydia Pearl (Knotts) Britt, Larry Ray Knotts, Carolyn Faye (Knotts) Garner Walker, Gary Edward "Pete" Knotts, & James Marshall Knotts.

Albert's parents were Durant Knotts born 1886, died ? & Lydia (Watford) Knotts.

Durant's parents were Dallas (according to my grandmother & great aunt) & Della (?). Durant & Lydia had Annie Bell, Mamie, Cleon, Ray, Albert, & Glinard Knotts. Are you familiar with any of these names?

Also, from what I have, Dallas & Della had 10 children: Vermilla, Elisha Monroe, Maxie, Albert, Ethel, Durant, Leon, Elisha, Benny Baxtin, & Sue Knotts.

That's all I can gather at the moment for right now. What I have on the Knotts' family is confusing, to be honest. I haven't gotten far at all. Well, I hope this helps some.

Nicki

Posted: 12 Feb 2011 2:50PM GMT
hi this tim holliday the knotts my family we are still around to all knotts i love see you around
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions