Search for content in message boards

Goss, 1911, Bracklin West Meath

Goss, 1911, Bracklin West Meath

Posted: 9 Jan 2012 5:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Goss, Dunne
Hi,
I'm looking for any connections to John Goss who married Julia Dunne. They moved from Carlow to Bracklin, Westmeath with their children somewhere between 1904-1911.

Children:
Bridget bap 1892
Michael 1894
Anne 1896
Thomas 1899
Peter 1904

All the children were baptised in Rathvilly, Co. Carlow. But according to the 1911 census the family moved to Westmeath.

Any help would be appreciated as I understand there are a few Goss' living in Meath today.

Regards,
Cathy

Re: Goss, 1911, Bracklin West Meath

Posted: 19 Jan 2012 3:34AM GMT
You should check the on line telephone directory for Westmeath to see how many Goss live there. If there isn't a lot write to them all, it can't hurt, its inexpensive and you could be lucky.

Annette Code

Posted: 19 Jan 2012 9:20PM GMT
Thanks. I reached out to one on Facebook. We'll see what happens with that.
Cathy

Posted: 14 Oct 2012 10:55AM GMT
Hello Cathy

I have read your post, I believe we share the same family, i have just joined this site to rely to your post as i have interest in my family history but finding it hard to get started.

Please feel free to contact me and we can swap our emails or something

regards, Kieran

Posted: 17 Oct 2012 6:07AM GMT
HI, Kieran.
I gave up my subscription with Ancestry so the free service does not allow me to email you on this site. I'll see if I can work on something to get you an email as opposed to posting it on this forum.
Regards,
Cathy

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 3:33PM GMT
Hello Cathy

John and Julia are my great grandparents on my father's side.
John died on the 06 Oct 1922
Julia died in the 04 Mar 1940

Thomas died on 04 June 1981 - single
Michael died on 15 June 75 - Single
Bridget and Anne - as far as i know moved to England, may never have married, don't have any further info

Peter moved to Canada, married Molly McDermott - I found immigration record 1925-1935 (Library & Archives Canada) - date of arrival was 06/06/1930, Quebec. on the ship MELITA, Canadian Pacific.

John - my grandfather, Married Margaret Smith

they had 3 boys 1 girl

Thomas
John - died 27 Sept 1993
Judy - died 20 Jan 1994
Michael - My father - he has 2 boys, 1 girl

i will change my settings so you can see my email on my profile so we can speak in private. Can i ask what is you link to the family?

Hope i helped fill in a few gaps,

Kieran

Posted: 1 Nov 2012 9:08PM GMT
Hi, Kieran.
Thanks for the reply. Your information has drawn a clear line in the family tree. I can't help to be excited.

John (married Julie Dunne) is the brother of James Goss (marrid to Catherine Gibbons).

James Goss is my husband's great grandfather.

For some reason, John and Julie moved from Carlow to Westmeath (I can't even imagine that journey in the early 1900's). I would love to know what prompted them to move.

John and James' parents were J. Goss and Bridget Kavanagh.

From there I draw a blank. I would love to know more.

I can't access your email yet. We'll have to think of a way to contact each other directly.

In the meantime, check out our family tree on ancestry.

All the best,
Cathy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions