I was so thrilled to see your messages posted here on the Sund Message Board. I hope you will contact me soon. I am researching the same Wilhelmina Sund and John Jacobson. Wilhelmina was the older sister of my great-grandfather Isaac Sund. I have been trying to find out more about her and her husband John Jacobson. I have a lot of information on the Sund family. They came to the U.S. from Solf, Finland, and settled in Gardner, MA - where I was born. I am also in contact with a woman in Finland who has been helping me research the Sund line in Finland.
Wilhelmina married John Jacobson in Gardner on December 7, 1895. The information on the marriage certificate was:
Vol 2 Pg 22 No. 93 Gardner MA
Wife: Wilhelmina Sund b. 1874 Finland
Father: Charles Sund; Mother: Katarina Erikson Sund
Occupation: Housework; Residence: Gardner
Husband: John Jacobson Miller b. 1872 Finland
Father: Jacob Miller; Mother: Johanna Alskog Miller
Occupation: Laborer; Residence: Gardner
Married by August J. Beausang, Clergyman, Gardner
They were living at 36 Dublin St. in Gardner at the time of the 1900 census. Information on the census was:
1) John Jacobson (head) b. April (?) 1872 Finland; age 27; married 4 years; Can read, write speak English; rents house; Came to U.S. 1891; in U.S. 9 years; Naturalized; Occupation: Wheel; not employed one month
2) Wilhemilia (wife) b. Feb. 1874 Finland; 26; married 4 yrs; Mother of 3 children all living; Read, write, speak English; Came to U.S. 1893; in U.S. 7 years
3) Victor (son) b. Dec. 1896 Finland; age 3; came to U.S. 1897; in U.S. 3 yrs
4) Adeline (daughter) b. March 1898 MA; age 2
5) Irene (daughter) b. March 1899 MA; age 1
6) Isaac Sund (boarder) b. Jan. 1875 Finland; age 25; married 3 yrs; Can read, write speak English; Came to U.S. 1892; here 8 years; Alien; Occupation: Moulder Iron; not employed 3 months
The border Isaac Sund was my great grandfather. I have lots of information on Wilhelmina's other siblings and their descendants.
In 1920, Wilhelmina and John were living at 3993 Army St. in San Francisco, CA. The census information for them is as follows:
1) John Jacobson Age 47; b. Finland; Came to U.S. 1891; Naturalized 1897; Mother tongue Finnish; parents b. Finland; Employment: Clement (nion?/Lumber?); Building
2) Wilamenor (wife) Age 45; b. Finland; Came to U.S. 1893; Naturalized; Mother tongue Finnish; Parents b. Finland; not employed
3) Victor (son) Age 23; b. Finland; Came to U.S. 1897; Naturalized; Mother tongue Finnish, Employment: Packer; Pipe Co.
4) Elsie (daughter) Age 19; b. MA; Employment: Operator; sewing co.
5) George (son) Age 10; b. CA
6) Sidleb (daughter) Age 8; b. CA
7) Estra (daughter) Age 7 b. CA
As you can see, the spellings are often not correct. I have been trying to find out more about John and Wilhelmina's descendants. I have found some information through the California Birth and Death index on Rootsweb.
Please e-mail me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
so we can share information. This is my work e-mail. On weekends and evenings, you can reach me through my daughter's e-mail at email@example.com
I now live in Oakland, CA; before that I had lived in Berkeley. It's a small world, isn't it? I will be more than happy to send you copies of birth and death records, photos, etc. that I have. I am hoping you have some photos of Wilhelmina Sund and John Jacobson. I would love to see what they looked like.
Hope to hear from you soon,