Search for content in message boards

Robert Bloye- Fred Bloye- Violet Bloye-Myrtle Bloye- Rose Bloye

Robert Bloye- Fred Bloye- Violet Bloye-Myrtle Bloye- Rose Bloye

Posted: 30 Aug 2001 3:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Jan 2006 4:21PM GMT
Surnames: Bloye
I am looking for information (ANY) regarding my great-grandfather Robert Bloye (A minister in the Free Methodist Church in the late 1890 to early 1900's) and his children. I know that he was granted a church in Toronto Canada, not sure exactly when..... My Aunt was born at Fred Bloye's home in Toronto, in 1926 (?)

Re: Fred & Flossie MacIntyre Bloye

Posted: 25 Oct 2001 2:18AM GMT
Edited: 20 Jan 2006 4:22PM GMT
Surnames: Bloye, MacIntyre
My maternal grandfather was /Fred Bloye married to Flossie nee MacIntyre. He died in March of l948 in Toronto. I understand that his father was a Methodist minister. If this helps with your search please let me know at ritzalton@home.com.

Re: John Robert Bloye - Free Methodist Minister

Posted: 28 Aug 2003 12:04AM GMT
Edited: 20 Jan 2006 4:29PM GMT
Hello Rosan. My name is Jan Bloye. I note that the date on your message is c2 yrs. old but I must try.(again?) I was born in Toronto in 1951. I know that thru the 1950s to mid 60s there was not a Bloye in the Toronto telephone book I did not know because they were all relatives of mine. My father was Irvin Kenneth. He passed away when I was just 3, when he was soon to be ordained a Free Methodist Minister. His father was John Robert who, I have been told was an ordained Free Methodist Minister, tho to my knowledge he never had a church. My grandfather married elizabeth Isabel Saunders and had sons Robert, Gordon, Irvin and John Wesley and daughters Isabel and Eleanor. I'm afraid Ihave no further info and would appreciate knowing if you have come across any of these people in your research. oops One other thing. I know that my father had a cousin known as "Tex" because he played the guitar. not much of a clue but you never know. I would be most greatful for any info. jan

Re: Harold Robert "Tex" Bloye

LeeAnne Bloye (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2006 4:40PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jan 2006 4:19PM GMT
Hi Jan,
I can help you with "Tex" Bloye. He was known to me as "Uncle Spike" He did play guitar (I have wonderful photo of him all done up in cowboy singer gear). His real name was Harold Robert Bloye and was my father's (Bruce Irvin Bloye) older brother. Uncle Spike lived in Pickering Ontario. His wife was June and had 3 children. The oldest boy I don't know and never met but there was also Ricky and Melody (the youngest). I have lost contact with them. Hope this helps.
LeeAnne Bloye,
Newmarket, Ontario

Re: Robert Bloye- Fred Bloye- Violet Bloye-Myrtle Bloye- Rose Bloye

Posted: 16 May 2007 4:07PM GMT
Hi: Page 148 of the book, "The Battle was the Lord's" by John Wilkins Sigsworth, lists Robert Bloye as being pastor in 1919 of the Free Methodist Church in Welland on 39 Grove Street.

I have some copies of Free Methodist Conference Minutes and could look up Robert Bloye for you if that would help in your research in any way. Just post back if you'd like me to try doing that for you. Donna

Re: Rev. Robert Bloye obit

Posted: 19 May 2007 8:59PM GMT
Hi -- Your original post is an old one so I'll just keep this short in case it doesn't reach you. I was researching The Canadian Free Methodist Herald magazine from Sept.1, 1929 and there was an obit for Rev. Robert Bloye, including a photo (page 15, vol.7, no.11). I copied it just in case it would be helpful to you or anyone reading this thread. I'd be happy to post the info here if anyone reading this thread is interested. Donna (P.S. I'm researching family members -- not related to the Bloyes who were in the ministry at the same time he was.)

Re: Harold Robert "Tex" Bloye

Posted: 20 Feb 2009 2:30PM GMT
Have been trying for years to get information on Tex Bloye. I do the Musical Memories articles for Senior's Advocate and would like information on his career in music. He had a big hit here with his recording of "Talkin' Blues". I have his four Gavotte records transfered to CD for airplay. If I remember correctly he was in a Colgate tooth paste ad in Liberty magazine. Any information or picture would be appreciated.
Fred Isenor, Lantz, Nova Scotia

Posted: 26 Sep 2009 4:37PM GMT
Hi my name is Melodie Lutzmann I am the daughter of Tex (Harold Robert) Bloye. I would love to talk to you about my father and our family but I really hate computors e-mail me your number and I will call.

Re: Rev. Robert Bloye obit

Posted: 2 Jul 2012 3:32AM GMT
my name is Bo Davey. My mother is Betty Bloye..daughter of russell bloye who was illegitimate son of violet bloye and adopted by robert bloye. just finding this out as I browse. would really be interested in picture. If you can email to Bodavey@aol.com and any other info, would be appreciated. I take after my grandpa Russ and interested in his difficult life.

Posted: 6 Jan 2013 7:20PM GMT
Hello Melodie, your post is from 2009 so I'm not sure if you still receive notifications from the message board. I have a friend in the UK whose mother knew Tex Bloye and she was eager to find out more information about him. If you're amenable to discussing your father with my friend via email, could you please respond either via this forum or give me a call at U.S. number 609-558-7904. Thanks, much appreciated.

Here is my friend's note (in part):

Mum was over the moon with the information I found about Frank Curliss but now also wants to know about another Canadian soldier - a friend of Frank's and this one actually stayed at my grandparents house for a while. I've searched the internet over here but it's not really coming up with much information and I thought that maybe a North American based search might find more. He was quite a character by all accounts....he went by the name of Tex Bloye......he used to play music at the local pub/bar and worried the life out of my grandparents because they had 4 small children in the house (including my Mum) and Tex used to walk around with a loaded pistol...Grandad used to sneak around after dark to remove the bullets. Apparently Tex was also very good at standing on the coal bunker that overlooked the street and lasso-ing any unsuspecting passing children! I've found a Tex Bloye who was a musician in the 1950's, which makes sense, but apart from reading that his real name was Harold Robert Bloye, can't find much else.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic