Search for content in message boards

William Lewis or Lewis William Pearson 1831

William Lewis or Lewis William Pearson 1831

Posted: 16 Mar 2000 10:11AM GMT
Edited: 11 May 2004 2:25PM GMT
married Rebecca Rogers Apr 4 1857 Lewis born in New Castle, Ind. died Aug. 18, 1885 in Perry Tsp. Ark. Rebecca b. May 11, 1833 White Co. Tenn. d. Jan 11 1911 Johnson Co. Ark. child Joseph Lafayete b. July 7, 1866 married Dora Jane Mathews.

Louis Pearson

Leah Chapman (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2001 10:25PM GMT
I am searching for the children of Louis Pearson and Rebecca Rogers. Parents of Louis were Peter Pearson and Jane Prewit. I know of one child-James Earl Pearson(my great grandfather) This Pearson line travels from IN,AR and GA. I would also like to verify that I have the right names for the children of James E. Pearson and Eliza-Jane Turner.
(I have the funeral book of James E. Pearson
Posted: 19 May 2001 9:02AM GMT
Received your message today; my grandfather was James Anderson Pearson was trying to locate a James E Pearson in my paper work; interested in any information; trying to locate an Indian Registration number.. live in Oregon if you want to phone me 541 476 8175 or email here...

James Earl Pearson

Leah Chapman (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2001 2:16PM GMT
Hi Caroline:
This is the info I have on James Earl Pearson: Born 1859 in South Carolina, Died 13 of August l936 in Georgia. Married Eliza Jane Turner. According to my mother they had 10 children (her mother and siblings) they are as follows: Winston, Herbert, Thomas, Louisianna, Eula,Marrietta, Lee, Malcolm,*Myrtle Fleet, Pearl.
*Myrtle Fleet is my grandmother born March 21,1899 married name Coleman.
James Earl Pearson is the son of Louis Pearson and Rebecca Rogers. However I can not find record of other children. My Mother remembers being told by her Mother that Louis Pearson was killed during the civil war...wrapped in a blanket and buried on the battle field. I have not been able to confirm this except through family.
My Mother's name is Tommie...she was named after Thomas Pearson...son of James and Eliza-Jane.
I also have the names of the other children of Peter and Jane along with spouse and Birth/Death dates.
One of those children was named James M Pearson, Born 1840 Spouse Cynthia.
I will give you time to compare this info with your own and then I will give you a call to see if we are on the same track
Thanks
Leah
Posted: 19 May 2001 3:32PM GMT
You can email me directly to cep3@excite.com Looking at my papers and there is a William Lewis Pears b Nov 20, 1831 New Castle, Henry co, Ind. Married Rebecca Rogers April 4, 1857 Johnson Co. , Ark. died Aug. 18, 1885 Perry Tsp., Johnson Co., Ark father Peter Pearson mother Jan (Jennie) E Prewitt
children of William Lewis (who did die in civil war and I have papers when Rebecca Rogers received pension and it has Willian Lewis Pearson on those papers
children
Sara Elizabeth Roger/Pearson
Cynthia Jane Pearson
Martha AE Pearson
John Thomas Pearson
Rachel Sophronia Pearson
Joseph Lafayette Pearson (I am off this line)
Sally Ellen Pearson
Mary Louise (Molly)Pearson
Seth A Pearson
James David Pearson b Feb. 18, 1874 died May 29, 1958 Ark.
Looks like Johnson Co. Ark. was the main place

Rebecca Roger was born May 11, 1833 in White Co. Tennesee died Jan. 11, 1911 in Johnson Co. Ar and her father was John M Rogers and mother was Cynthia Still other spouses was Rogers
the person I received this from does genealogy and has for over 10 years. I am waiting to see if I can give you her email..

Re: Pearson

Posted: 5 Mar 2002 3:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Mar 2002 7:50PM GMT
Surnames: E JENNIE PREWITT
HELLO I AM LOOKING FOR A E JENNIE PRUETT OR PREWITT I SAW THAT YOU HAD ONE IN A MESSAGE DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ON HER I HAVE A GRATE GRAND MOTHER WITH THAT NAME SHE WAS FROM TENN. GA. AND AL. IF IT IS THE SAMEONE SHE MARRIED A THURMOND OR THURMAN SHE WAS BORN IN 1871 AND D. IN 1943 IN AL. IF YOU DON'T KNOW HER I AM SORRY ABOUT THIS DEBRA

Re: Louis Pearson

Posted: 25 May 2012 8:20PM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2012 6:04PM GMT
Surnames: Pearson, Turner
After further research, I'm still confused.

Re: James Earl Pearson

Posted: 7 Sep 2013 3:53PM GMT
Hi. My name is Brenda Pearson. My grandfather is Thomas Louis Pearson. His father was James Earl Pearson, son of William Pearson. I took a 2 hour trip to the Chattooga County Ga courthouse day before yesterday to purchase a copy of James Earl Pearson's death certificate. It confirmed that James Earl's father was W.R . Pearson and his mother was Liza Turner. But I am confused now because on James Earl's tombstone it shows that he was married to Liza Jane. Can you shed some light on the subject?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions