Search for content in message boards

ST PATRICKS CHILDRENS HOME ( NAVAN ROAD )

ST PATRICKS CHILDRENS HOME ( NAVAN ROAD )

bronwen habberley (griffin ) (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2003 11:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DEMPSEY DOBSON GRIFFIN
Hello i'm trying to find any info on the St Patricks Childrens Home which was located in the navan road. I know this was a place for unmarried mothers. This is where my brother, Oliver Dempsey was born 08/10/1950. My mother gave her name as Mary Dempsey although i've reason to belive that the name was false. Her real name was Mary Dobson. She came from westmeath and all i know is that she had a nursing job somewhere in the dublin area. She came to London sometime shortly after my brothers birth, in 1951/52 he was left behind for approx 1yr, who with?. My brother then took my fathers name of griffin, although i don't think my parents married as i can't find anything to prove this. I have so many unanswered questions with regards to my background. I do know that my father is not the same as my brother's. Can anybody help? Thank you Bronwen/

Re: ST PATRICKS CHILDRENS HOME ( NAVAN ROAD )

Posted: 1 May 2003 9:34AM GMT
Edited: 25 May 2003 3:27PM GMT
I am sorry i cannot help you but if you do get any help I am looking for my fathers family. He was born in 1923 under the name George Williams.

Posted: 13 Apr 2004 9:41PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jan 2006 6:44PM GMT
I can help you with your request for information on St Patricks home as I am researching someone who was there, and have been in Dublin recently doing this. Please email me.
Diana

Posted: 24 Mar 2009 5:10PM GMT
Surnames: Dervan
Trying to trace Resident or Worker who was in St. Patricks Navan Rd 1966 to 1969 regarding the welfare of a baby who was there then.
Please e-mail pdervan@eircom.net
Thank you
Paddy Dervan

Posted: 4 Aug 2010 11:05PM GMT

Posted: 8 Aug 2010 3:07PM GMT
Surnames: GILLERAN
THANKS JOAN FOR UR LINK,I JUST TOUGHT SOMEONE MIGHT REMENBER HER. SHE PAST AWAY 14 YEARS AGO AND I HAVE'NT MUCH INFORMATION

Posted: 12 Apr 2011 5:03PM GMT
Could anybody tell me what age the babies were kept in saint patricks home till. thank you Caroline

Posted: 30 Aug 2011 2:21PM GMT
hi there im also looking for my greatgrand mother she was born in 1935 in the childrens home naven road im finding it very hard to get birth cert for her ,have you had any look ,tess-mike@hotmail.com

Posted: 23 Oct 2011 12:44PM GMT
i am looking for julie ghram that lived in bluebell and had her baby there in 1968

Posted: 12 Nov 2011 3:15PM GMT
hi there my name is patricia, i also i am trying to find out more about this school i was out in the navan rd in the 60s, I am not sure how long i was there but i do remember how i was treated,. if i find anymore information i will pass it on to you. its hard finding things out, ???? as you can inmagine why.

best wishes patricia
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions