Search for content in message boards

Josephine Gates

Josephine Gates

Deb (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2002 3:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gates Erickson
I am searching for information on the parents of Josephine Augusta Gates.

Josephine was born was born 26 OCT 1864 in Lanesborough or Susquehanna, PA and died 2 JUL 1926 in Milwaukee, WI. She married Robert Dean Erickson 11 SEP 1884 in Minonk, IL. He was born 8 AUG 1858 in Brooklyn, NY and died 14 JUL 1923 in Peoria, IL. They had eight children. Mary Luella, Fannie Rachel, Perry Joseph, Sarah Lettebia, Maggie May, Robert Grant, Ruth Ellen and Blanch Edna.

I have been told through family that Josephine’s parents were Mary Jane Burdick and John A. Gates, but have been unable to find anything proving this fact. They lived in the towns of Lacon, LaRosa, Halock, Minonk, Dana and Toluca all in Illinois. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Josephine Gates

Posted: 5 Oct 2002 10:27PM GMT
I am not a relative. I have the 1880 Census CDs and this is the only Josephine Gates of the right age who was born in PA. There are several John and Mary Gates married to each other so I couldn't determine who was who. This doesn't answer your question but maybe it supplies another clue. I looked at the neighbors of these folks and I couldn't find any Gates living nearby.

Census Place: Valley, Stark, Illinois
Source: FHL Film 1254252 National Archives Film T9-0252 Page 454D
Relation Sex Marr Race Age Birthplace
Perry C. BURDICK Self M M W 55 NY
Occ: Farmer Fa: VT Mo: NY
Sarah J. BURDICK Wife F M W 48 WV
Occ: Housekeeping Fa: NJ Mo: WV
Grant BURDICK Son M S W 15 IL
Fa: NY Mo: OH
Sherman BURDICK Son M S W 12 IL
Fa: NY Mo: OH
Josephine GATES Niece F S W 15 PA
Occ: Servant Fa: PA Mo: NY
Henson J. COLE Cousin M S W 24 WV
Occ: Teaching School Fa: WV Mo: WV

Deb (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2002 2:06PM GMT
Surnames: Gates, Burdick Erickson
Sharon

Thank you very much! I believe that this may be my Josephine. The names of her Aunt and Uncle were also the names of two of her children, Perry and Sarah both died in 1895. She also had a Son named Robert Grant.

Regards
Deb

Posted: 28 Oct 2012 4:10AM GMT
Surnames: Gates Burdick
Josephine was a twin and her brothers name was Joseph. Their parents were John A. Gates & Mary Jane Burdick. Their mother died when they were only 9 years old. Josephine the lived with her Uncle Perry Burdick and Joseph it seems was out on his own by the age of 15.

You may already know this information as your original post was long ago

Deb
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic