Search for content in message boards

Fahy/Fay of Gort, Galway, Ireland

Fahy/Fay of Gort, Galway, Ireland

Posted: 30 Dec 2002 2:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on my Great-Grandparents Michael Fahy born Gort, Galway Ireland and Anna Hogan born Crusheen, Clare, Ireland. They had 13 children: Martin, Michael, John, Catherine, Justine, Marria (mae), Thomas, Honoria, Patrick (my great-grandfather), James, William, Roger and Bridget. When they came to USA (New York) the name changed to Fay. If you think you are a link email at sswb95@aol.com

Re: Fahy/Fay of Gort, Galway, Ireland

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 12:03AM GMT
Surnames: Fay/Fahy
I don't know if my family is related or not. I've been trying to trace my g.g. grandfather back to Ireland.But I can find nothing. It's almost like he just popped in out of nowhere.Him and his wife Margaret Ann Smith had about 7 kids. They supposedly immigrated to US in 1852. But I find nothing about his family: brothers, sisters, parents, etc. Anything would be nice to have if you know anything.Thank you. Linda

Posted: 26 Jul 2011 8:21PM GMT
My wife's great great grandfather was William Fahy married to Bridget Lowery in Barnaderg, Tuam, Co. Galway. 3 children immigrated before 1870 to US - James William to Southampton, NY, Thomas Fahey (named changed) to Morristown, New Jersey, and Mary Fahy (nevered married) to New York City. Have any of you done the DNA testing at FamilyTreeDna.com? My wife's father and the postmaster of Barnaderg have.

Posted: 24 Jul 2012 9:50PM GMT
i live in the general Gort/Ardrahan area of Galway and have done a lot of genealogy of the Fahy family tree. Have you any names or photos or anecdotal history? Aine

Posted: 28 Jul 2012 2:50AM GMT
Surnames: Fahy and Furey Marriage
I noticed your post regarding the Fahy family in Ardrahan area. One of my families old letters indicates that a Billy Fahy and Nappy Furey were married Cahercarna (spelling). My family letter originated from Ireland in the late 1800s but I believe the marriage was much earlier.

My family is from the Furey line around Ardrahan. Sarene Furey married James Howard around Feb. 1838 and her sister Sabina Fuey married a Burke. I believe Nappy Furey and Billy Fahy may have been a generation earlier than Sarene.

Have you found any Billy Fahy and Nappy Furey in your research?

I visited Gort in 2006 and met some of my distant cousins. Would like to return as it was a lovely visit.

Colleen

Posted: 28 Jul 2012 2:52AM GMT
Surnames: Fahy and Furey Marriage
I noticed your post regarding the Fahy family in Ardrahan area. One of my families old letters indicates that a Billy Fahy and Nappy Furey were married Cahercarna (spelling). My family letter originated from Ireland in the late 1800s but I believe the marriage was much earlier.

My family is from the Furey line around Ardrahan. Sarene Furey married James Howard around Feb. 1838 and her sister Sabina Fuey married a Burke. I believe Nappy Furey and Billy Fahy may have been a generation earlier than Sarene.

Have you found any Billy Fahy and Nappy Furey in your research?

I visited Gort in 2006 and met some of my distant cousins. Would like to return as it was a lovely visit.

Colleen

Posted: 10 Aug 2012 8:34PM GMT
Surnames: FAHEY, MOLLOY, HURNEY
My County Galway born 3rd-g-grandmother was Bridget FAHEY (1810-1893); her parents were said to be Cornelius FAHEY and Sarah MOLLOY.

Bridget married Martin HURNEY (in Ireland bef 1831) and they came to America with 6 children (John, Mary, Sarah, Martin, Ann and Catherine), settling in the industrial city of Lowell, MA about 1852.

If any of the above FAHEY names clicks with your research, I would be grateful to learn of it, - as I do not know Bridget's townland origin. Thank you kindly.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions