Search for content in message boards

Greg Hoare

Posted: 4 May 2002 12:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Sep 2002 6:18PM GMT
Surnames: Hoare, MacGillivray, MacDonald, O'Brien
Halifax Chronicle-Herald – Monday, October 30, 1967 – Greg Hoare – 56, of Stellarton died Sunday. He was born in Stellarton son of the late Thomas Hoare and Anne MacGillivray. Surviving are his wife, Patricia MacDonald, five daughters: Margaret (Mrs. Michael O’Brien) – Toronto, Kathleen, Rose, Patricia, and Brenda all at home, two sons: Gregory – Trenton, and Vernon – New Glasgow. The body is at the home on Bridge Street, Stellarton and the funeral will be from Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church at a time to be determined.

Re: Greg Hoare

Mary Hoar (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2002 3:04PM GMT
We are looking for information on Thomas Hoare, born 1857 in Waterford, Ireland. Does Greg Hoare's father have any connection to our missing person?

Re: Greg Hoare

Posted: 5 May 2002 4:45PM GMT
Edited: 19 Sep 2002 6:18PM GMT
Mary,
I have not done a great deal of work on this family. I was interested in John J. Hoare who was supposed to have been born in the US in 1863 but returned to the Pictou County area and married Bessie Thompson. One of their sons Robert O'Mullen Hoare married Anna Mortimer Thompson of the line that I am searching.
I have John J. Hoare as a son of John Hoare b. 1834 who was listed as a butcher from England in the 1871 census. He was married to Ann? (also from England) and they had three other sons; James 13, Charles 4, and Thomas 2. They were the only family with this surname listed in the 1871 census. The children were all born in the United States according to the census information. I don't have any subsequent census details though.
I'm afraid that I don't have much additional information to that. If you need me to look some details up I can try on the weekends possibly.
I hope that this is of some help. I have not been able to connect Greg Hoare into my tree yet. I've been doing the obituary work to try and create the links.
Thanks,
David
per page

Find a board about a specific topic