Search for content in message boards

Oliver Bennett (Rev. War) - Age

Oliver Bennett (Rev. War) - Age

Posted: 25 Nov 2003 1:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Jul 2004 11:13AM GMT
Surnames: BENNETT
The Oliver Bennett in Delaware county is usually associated with the Oliver Bennet of Luzerne county PA (then Westmoreland county CT).

In the 1830 census, Oliver appears in the 60 - 70 year category, making his birthdate 1760 - 1770.

In the 1800 Luzerne county PA census Oliver is in the 45+ category, making his birthdate earlier than 1755.

Can someone double check me on that one in case I've made a mistake.

Either I have made a mistake, or these may not be the same Oliver Bennetts, or it may be a simple census enumeration error.

Many thanks,
John Bennett

Re: Oliver Bennett (Rev. War) - Age

Posted: 21 Feb 2007 3:52AM GMT
Surnames: Adams, Bennett
John- I read an 2004 post on RootsWeb about Bennett...is this a relation of Rev. Daniel Bennett? His wife would have been an Adams. Do you have information on any of the Adams?

Peggy

Posted: 20 Mar 2007 3:26PM GMT
John,

Please contact me off-list. Use my ID at yahoo.com. I have the info on Oliver and live just a couple of miles from RedBank Cemetery where he is buried. He married the sister Catherine Mullen of my ggg grandfather. We may have talked before.

Donna Ferrell

Posted: 23 Mar 2007 12:50PM GMT
Peggy,

Try this.

http://www.heritagepursuit.com/Delaware/delchpXXVIII.htm

I believe Daniel Bennett is buried in the Center Village Cemetery in Harlem Twp.

Donna

Posted: 23 Mar 2007 12:59PM GMT
John,

Oliver Bennett's grave lists his birthdate as 1750 although the research I've seen lists it as 1758 in Preston, New London, Connecticut. His family lived in New York state for some time and some of his brothers were born there. He married Catherine Mullen in 1777 in PA, is listed in Luzerne Co., PA on the early census and came to Delaware Co. about 1810 with the Mullens and a couple of his brothers and their families. He and at least 2 of his brothers (and some of their family) are buried in RedBank Cemetery in Genoa Twp.

I don't have a picture of his grave but can easily get one. E-mail dfer268@yahoo.com

Donna Ferrell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions