Search for content in message boards

medcraft

medcraft

Ann Hurst (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MEDCRAFT, MEDCROFT, HILL, WILKS, SHURMER
I have traced the name MEDCRAFT back to the 1600s in Churchill Oxfordshire. Would be interested to know what they are doing in Tasmania!

Re: medcraft

adam medcraft (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2003 2:27PM GMT
hello im adam medcraft, son of daryl and sandra medcraft. i live in tasmania australia. would u like to know the tasmanian medcraft history?

Posted: 11 Aug 2005 3:37PM GMT
Edited: 4 Dec 2005 11:05AM GMT
Surnames: Medcraft, Naughton
My mothr is 92 and very ill. Her name is Bryda Mae Knowles (nee Medcraft) from Tasmania. I would be delighted to hear from someone who has traced them in the U.K. Maybe I can offer more info for Tas. & Australia - there are lots of them!

Posted: 13 Sep 2005 8:40AM GMT
Edited: 4 Dec 2005 11:05AM GMT
Surnames: Medcraft, Towns(h)end, Simms/Simes.
Dear Ann,

My Mother, Bryda Mae Knowles (nee Medcraft), passed away last month aged 92. This is about the average age for a Medcraft these days so we get to know a lot of the history by word of mouth. However, no-one has yet discovered how Thomas Medcraft got to Tasmania from the UK - unless he used an alias or is not a real Medcraft?? Can we link him up somewhere? According to our research mainly thru Ruth Ridley and Clive Docking we deduce that he arrived in Tas. in c1843. Applying a bit more arithmetic we deduce that he was born c1827 which correlates with a record from Wolvercote. Son of Mary Medcraft (of John & Mary Simms or Simes), she does not have any records either. He seems to have gone missing from there?

Can you help? Karyn O.

Posted: 22 Mar 2007 2:34AM GMT
My name is John William Stone (age 70). I was born in Providence, Rhode Island USA in 1937. Elizabeth Ann Knowles (B.1878 D. 1951) was my father's mother (my grandmother of course). She was born in Darwen, Lancashire, England. and came to the United States about 1903. Her father's name was William Knowles who married Grace Dewhurst (B.1855) Don't know if that helps at all.

Posted: 14 Aug 2007 3:44AM GMT
Surnames: medcraft
Helow Adam i am very interested in the Medcraft HISTORY.I am also a MEDCRAFT my father being Edward Adrian i would truly love lo hear all you have ,in particular how Thomas ARRIVED in Tasmania from ENGLAND ALSO WHO HIS PARENTS WERE sure hope you can help with this .Regards Hazel
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions