Search for content in message boards

William Morrissey

William Morrissey

Posted: 21 Jul 2004 2:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Morrissey/Morrisey/Caul
I am searching for information on William Morrissey b. about 1864 probably in New Brunswick or Nova Scotia. In 1880 at age 17 William was living in Jersey City, New Jersey in a boarding house. He listed his occupation as boatman. He also listed his parent's as being born in New Brunswick. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: William Morrissey

Chris (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 2004 12:45PM GMT
Surnames: Morrissey
Dear Edna,

William appears to have been a very popular name in the Morrissey family - I have 8 of them in my tree but mine all come from the Gaspe Area of Quebec, and most from Bonaventure Island, rather than from the Maritimes (although I have a couple that are not born into my tree but rather marry into it who are also William). The closest I can come to your date is John-Frederick-Wiliam Morrissey who was born in 1865. There were a lot of Morrissey's in Eastern Canada at that time and we trace our roots back to Patrick Morrissey and Mary Fitzgerald. Maybe there's a connection?

Jack Connors (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2004 2:55PM GMT
Hello Chris

In my Morrissey family, I find William as the most predominant. I have ten (10) in my family, all born in Newfoundland. My first William, a Tailor by profession, first showed up in Newfoundland records with his nmarriage record of 1854. He died at the age of 68 which has his birth around 1827 but I have not been able to trace his origin.

Jack Connors

Chris (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2004 12:26AM GMT
Surnames: Morrissey, Paget
Hello Jack,

All of my Williams trace back to Patrick and Mary save one. His parents were Jasper Morrissey and Johanna O'Neil. Might he happen to be one of yours?

Chris

I also have an Elizabeth-Ann Morrissey born 1874, married 21 Nov 1893, Died 1903, spouse Francis Paget that I need parents for. Thanks.

Posted: 5 Oct 2004 1:51AM GMT
Surnames: Morrissey/ Caul
My William is William J. Morrisey so the Jasper is at least interesting. Do you have a birth date on him and where he resided?

Edna

Posted: 5 Oct 2004 2:06AM GMT
Surnames: Morrissey, Wall
Dear Edna,

The only clue I have on this William is that he married my great-great-grandfather's daughter Margaret and she was born on Bonaventure Island in 1827 and they were married in 1857. Sorry, not much to go on.

Chris

Posted: 5 Oct 2004 3:18PM GMT
Thanks. It gives me hope. Edna
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions