Search for content in message boards

Rev William Jones

Rev William Jones

James Jones (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2000 9:22AM GMT
I'm looking for any information on the Rev. William Jones Born @ 1760 in Henrico Co. Va.
His wife was Dorothy "Dolly" Hampton Born @ 1771. He fought under Gen Greene in the Rev, war

James Jones-William Jones

Sarah Jones Fleming (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2000 10:43PM GMT
Dulcie McCurry has James Jones b. 6-23-1803 in GA. She believes his father was from Wales. He had a son Willam. I saw message on GenForum

Rev. William Jones

James (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2000 1:43PM GMT
I'm looking for his parents, he moved to Yancy Co NC And he had 10 kids Named Luvisa, Laban, Viney, Malindy, Susannah, Thursee, Dorothy, Preston, Alfred And William B. He died 1 Jan 1835. Thanks for your help

William B.

Posted: 18 May 2000 7:29PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 2:28AM GMT
James, Do you happen to know if Rev. William's son William B. married an 'Amy'?

William B. Jones

James (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2000 4:13AM GMT
He married Miria Briggs @ 1831 They lived in Yancy Co. N.C. but moved to what is now Unicoi Co. Tenn. Their kids was- Harriet,Thursa, Julian, Osburn, William May,Cela or Seally, Elbert, Henry G,
Robert P And Sarah Elizabeth. He was born July 12 1812 and died after 1880. I hope there is a link

Re: William B. Jones

Posted: 21 Mar 2006 3:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jul 2006 6:58PM GMT
Surnames: Jones
I have hit a dead end with my Jones in Unicoi, TN. There were two separate familes of Jones in that area that we've never linked together so assume they are quite distance, if any connection. I'll provide my info in hopes that you may have some info to share. My grandfather is Elbert John Jones, but there are documents showing his name as John Elbert Jones as well as a marriage license showing Elwood J. Jones. There are two Elbert Jones, so I've been careful to keep the line straight.

Elbert's father, was Rev. R. D. Jones (Assume it was Rev. R. David Jones). b. 1868, d. 1928.
His mother was Alice Rebecca Casteel, b. 6-16-1871, Scott County, VA; d. 11-6-1955, Johnson City, TN , both buried @Anderson Cemetary in Unicoi, TN.

Elbert had a lot of sisters and brothers, some full, some half, some step (adopted children by parents). His father was married once prior to marriage with Alice:

Rosie Jones (married a Carroll)
Ollie Jones (married a Humphreys)
Dall Jones ?
Cordie Jones ?
Alvin ? Jones (Agnes Spaller)
Elzie (or Elza) (wife was Arlee Rowe)
C. Jones
Ida Bowman (married Alex Payne)
Henry S. Bowman (wife's name is ? Neat ? )
maybe married a couple of times.
Frank Jones (married Ella May or Mae)

Elbert John Jones was married three times that I know of:
Liz Watson
Agnes Emma Head
(marriage license said Elwood instead of Elbert)
Pearl Shelton

If you have any information or connection to this line, PLEASE email me at TeresaYarber@aol.com.
Thank you and happy hunting !
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions