Search for content in message boards

Obituary of James STROPES [1866IN—1906IN]

Obituary of James STROPES [1866IN—1906IN]

Posted: 10 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 10:28AM GMT
Surnames: BEEM, STROPES
THE BLOOMFIELD NEWS, Bloomfield, Greene County, Indiana, Friday, March 9, 1906, Volume XXX, Number 16, Page 4, Column 3, “OBITUARY. Stropes.” [Transcribed from Bloomfield-Eastern Greene County Public Library’s IHS Microfilm Records.]

James STROPES, aged forty years, died at his home in Indianapolis, Wednesday, after an illness of three years. He was born in Bloomfield. He had been a conductor on the I.A.V. railway for a number of years before his health failed, and was a member of the Order of Railway Conductors. He leaves a wife, formerly Miss Stella BEEM, of Spencer, a mother, one brother and a sister. He was a member of the East Washington Street Presbyterian church at Indianapolis.

Stropes Obituaries & Biographies

Posted: 7 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 15 Jul 2005 11:45PM GMT
Surnames: Stropes, Talbott, Padgett, McKim, Wells, Edwards
Mr. Jackson, thank you very much for posting so many interesting items on the Greene Co., IN, webpage. My grandmother, Mary Maud Stropes Evans, had the obituary of James Stropes in a scrapbook and I had often wondered where and when it was published.

An article about Adam Stropes was published somewhere which began, "Adam Stropes was born in North Carolina April 16th 1793 of German and French parentage. His father died while he was an infant; after the death of his father, his mother married a man by the name of Tankersly and emigrated to Jacksboro, Campbell County, Tennessee, where she died when Adam was seven years old, at which time an old gentleman by the name of Tharp took and raised him. At the breakout of the War of 1812 he volunteered and served under General Andrew . . . " Have you ever seen this article and do you know where and when it was published?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions