Search for content in message boards

Buncombe co. Death records

Buncombe co. Death records

ALethea (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2001 6:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Waters Henderson
I am wondering if there is a way to search the county death records for a couple who May have died in Haw Creek. Their names were John Waters and Anne henderson waters. I know nothing about them .. they were my great great grandparents and The last time my grandmothers family saw them or even heard from them was in the 1930's. If anyone could point me in the direction to possibly find a death date or some one to search the records for me I would be very appreciative.... Thanks in advance
Alethea

Re: Buncombe co. Death records

Posted: 18 Oct 2001 2:26AM GMT
Edited: 10 Dec 2001 5:40AM GMT
Alethea,
Your information looks pretty good. I located a John Waters, b. 1863 d. 1939 and Ann H. Waters b. 1864 d 1940.
They are buried in the Bethesda Cemetary on Old Haw Creek Road. They are listed in Volume 2 of the Buncombe County Cemetary Inscriptions.

For those years you should be able to find their obits in the Asheville Citizen paper in the main library. They should also have a copy of the death certs at the county courthouse.
Hope this helps a little.
Dale Wright
dwright1@satx.rr.com

Alethea (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2001 6:20PM GMT
Thank you thank you thank you.... I have one more question.... Ashville citizen is at which main library... I live in California..... Are there copies at the NC archives... or where? Thank you so ooooooo Much again...

Alethea

Posted: 4 Nov 2001 2:21AM GMT
Edited: 19 Nov 2003 2:36PM GMT
Surnames: Waters -Henderson
Ann Henderson Waters died 5-23-1940, dau. of William Henderson. Ann is buried in Bethesda Cem., Old Haw Creek Road, Asheville, NC. There is a John next to her, gives his birth year as 1863 death as 1939. Ann was born in 1864. I din't find a John in BC deaths in 1939.I also find a Alex Henderson Waters that died 1-12-1979, son of John Waters, also a Riley McDuffy Waters, son of John G. Waters that died 1-21-1989, Smiley Dewey Waters, son of John Waters that died 11-18-1992. Hope this helps.
Judy

Alethea (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2001 4:25AM GMT
Thank you thank you thank you...... You have made my grandmother a very very happy woman... Now she knows the name of her great grandfather...... THank you again......

Alethea

?? question

Posted: 7 Nov 2001 2:40PM GMT
Hi, am sorry to intrude, but I was wondering if you ever taught school in Candler? If so, hello Mr. Wright. Terry Jo

Re: ?? question

Posted: 8 Nov 2001 1:55AM GMT
I was born and raised in Asheville. I have never taught school, but I do have a cousin, also named Dale Wright, who was born and raised in Candler. I do believe he taught school until retiring a few years back. He also happens to be on the cemetary committee for Snow Hill Methodist Church cemetary.

Posted: 8 Nov 2001 12:45PM GMT
Thanks Dale..the internet has made this world a smaller place..that is for sure. Please tell Dale hi for me when you see him. He went to school with my mom, B. Hendricks a few years back,and taught me in the 8th grade. He was one of my favorite teachers. I need to get out to Snow Hill and look around the cemetary for some of my kin too. Take care and thanks for the reply. Terri Jo

Posted: 9 Nov 2001 12:05AM GMT
I will tell him when I am home again. Usually get that way a couple of times a year. If I can help you with your search let me know. I have the first 4 volumes of the Buncombe county cemetary research.
Dale

Posted: 9 Nov 2001 12:53PM GMT
Surnames: Hyatt, Luther, Mason, Earwood, Morgan, Joyce, Hendricks
Hi Dale and thank you! I am researching the Hyatts, Joyces, Luthers, Masons, Hendricks, Earwoods and Morgans. Whew, and that isn't counting some of the Jones. I have been to Pleasant Hill, Pole Creek, Hominy Baptist and a few other cemetarys. There is a "Luther Cemetary' above the stone quarry in Candler and I finally found the old Joyce/Young cemetary, which has been neglected badly. I need to get some kin out there to help me repair some of the stones and cut some fallen trees that have fallen across the graves. In reality, there should be a fence put around it, as below it there is a store and people buy their wine and beer and go up to the graveyard to drink and leave their empties all over.
I live in Weaverville and so am not far away, but time doesnt want to wait for me!! Have you all documented Mt. Moriah Methodist Church cemetary? There might be some Wrights buried there. Or at least some of the Penlands who married into the Wright family. (Might be the wrong set of Wright's) as there are alot of Wrights in Buncombe. Again, thanks for your time and if I can be of any help with you, don't hesitate to ask. Terri Jo PS..do you have Cane Creek Cemetary in your books? I am looking for a Riley (Raleigh) Earwood b.@1849 and I found him listed in the Bunc. in 1924 in W. Asheville, but I have no idea where he is buried.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic