Search for content in message boards

Royal & Melinda Alden

Royal & Melinda Alden

Posted: 7 Aug 2007 8:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Alden & Frazier
I am looking for any information about my ggg-grandfather Royal Alden who was married to Melinda (Frazier) Alden and then later married to Louisa (Lasater) Alden. This would have been from the mid to late 1800's. He was a school teacher in that area and is buried in Dahlgren, Jefferson County Illinois. Thanks!

Re: Royal & Melinda Alden

Posted: 14 Aug 2007 5:01PM GMT
As a child, I remember visiting my grandparents in McLeansboro and reading copies of "Goshen Trails" that they had around the house. There were several stories about Royal Alden. I went to my reprinted volumes and found four ancedotes written by a great grandson, William F. Alden, Sr. They were printed in the 1969 and 1970 issues. Let me know if you are interested in more information.

Posted: 14 Aug 2007 7:45PM GMT
Oh my goodness, I am thrilled to get a response! Yes, yes, I would love to have copies, I will gladly pay you for your time and mailing, OR you may certainly e-mail them if that's possible!! This is so exciting!

Thanks so much,

R. Wright

Posted: 4 Oct 2008 1:52AM GMT
Surnames: ALDEN
HI, I HONESTLY CAN'T REMEMBER IF I CONTACTED YOU OR NOT, I THOUGHT I HAD! yES, OH YES, IF YOU WOULD BE WILLIG TO SHARE THOSE STORIES, I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A COPY OF THEM. JUST LET ME KNOW AND I'LL BE GLAD TO PAY FOR COPYING AND POSTAGE!

THANKS SO MUCH,

BECKY WRIGHT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions