Search for content in message boards

Odrzykon, Miejsce Piastowe, Targowiska, Rogi, Lezany

Odrzykon, Miejsce Piastowe, Targowiska, Rogi, Lezany

Stan Vingle (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WEGRZYN, GRZYBALA, KILAR, ROLNIAK, BARUD, DERING, LORENC, SZNAJDER, JAROSZ, UCHIC, SYDLO, SIENIAWSKI, PLATEK, DRWAL, JURCZAK, BEBEN, KLARA
Seeking information about Polish families who immigrated from the Krosno area, especially from Odrzykon, Miejsce Piastowe, Targowiska, Rogi and Lezany, and settled in Mt. Pleasant, Pa. and the coal camps of Marion and Tucker Counties in West Virginia. I would especially appreciate hearing from anyone knowing about the Wegrzyn, Grzybala, Kilar, Barud, Dering, Lorenc, Sznajder, Jarosz, Uchic, Sydlo, Sieniawski, Platek, Drwal, Rolniak, Jurczak, Beben, or Klara families.

Family Search-Krosno Area

Posted: 11 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Nov 2001 11:28PM GMT
Surnames: Lorenc, Penar, Rys, Topolska, Wiernasz
I too am searching my family roots in Poland. I have some great uncles that settled in the coal country of Penna.
I have difficulty writing to relatives in Krolik Polski since I lost my translator. Walt

re: Lorenc

Posted: 17 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2002 3:38AM GMT
Surnames: Lorenc, Lorenz
My great grandfather's name is Adolf Lorenc (has been Lorenz since arriving in the US). He was born c. 1867. He had a brother Jan and two sisters, Marta & Maryla. Their parents' names were Jan Lorenc and Francziska Bothe. The family resided north of Warsaw around the town of Gostynin.

Adolf arrived in the US (Ellis Island) on April 11, 1903 on the steamer Bulgaria (Hamburg line). The ships manifest for Adolf's arrival says that he was en route to friends (I can't make out the name) in Troy, NY. He was followed two years later by his wife and four children. They resided in the Newark NJ area.

Family stories report that Adolf's brother, Jan, also came to the US. They did not get along and so parted ways. Jan is reported to have left for Albany NY.

Does any of this connect with your family?

Lorenc name

Janice Lorenc Calabrese (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lorenc, Kurdyla
I am interested in the Lorenc name. My family is from Poland. However, I see that some people with the last name Lorenc has Hungarian roots. Can someone figure this out for me? My grandfather's name is Feliks Lorenc. He is from Powiatsanok, Jasliska, Poland. He was born in 1878. He came to the U.S. circa 1908-1913. If anyone has any info on this, please e-mail me.
Posted: 21 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2002 7:52PM GMT
Surnames: Mendelowski
My husband's grandparent came from Lezany in the 1890's and settled in Simpson PA, but I do know that some moved to the Greensburg/ Uniontown PA area. I wonder how many people from that area went to PA, think they were encouraged to move? I tried to contact the local Catholic church many years ago but never any answer.

suname info

Ron Sznaider (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sznajder
You expressed interest in hearing from a number of families, including those of the surname Sznajder. I too am seeking info on my ancestors, and Sznajder is my surname. All I know is that I I had relatives come over and settle in northern Wisconsin. They suposedly came from a region in Poland that is near Poznan, and is called Slupka. If you have any info at all please e-mail me. thanks

Sznajders in PA

Posted: 4 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 12:02AM GMT
My grandfather was named Arthur J. Sznajder. He has(had) two sisters Grace and Dorothy. He died in 1957 I think. They lived in Polish Hill, Lawrencville Area of Pittsburgh. He died when my mother was 11 yo and I have never met any of that side of the family.

Uchic/Jurczak

K.uchic (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jurczak, Uchic
So you want to know about Uchics and Jurczaks...
My grandfather, Martin S. Jurczak, arrived in Monongah, WV, from Poland around 1906. He was a little boy, about 6 years old. His legal name became Uchic as a result of a mispelling on his working papers; the family never changed it. He and my Grandmother, Katherine (2nd generation Polish American) resettled in Detroit, MI, in the 1920s and had two children, Mary Ellen and Martin Timothy.

JURCAZK O'KRASKA Mahala

Geri Putnam (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jurcazk, O'Kraska, Mahala

My grandmother..Helen Mahala Jurczak (O'Kraska) from poland (krakow?)....east coast to Detroit Michigan, Merrill, St.Louis, Hemlock, Michigan area, to Saginaw. Large family left, three generations killed in car/train accident. (8) Seeking information on Jurczak/Mahala.

LORENC

Chad Lorenc (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lorenc
My great Grandpa came over from Czech republic (back when it was Austria-Hungry) just befor the war. Unfortunatly in a bizzare plane accident we lost all are offical documentation.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions