Search for content in message boards

Cecil's in Scott Co. TN

Cecil's in Scott Co. TN

Posted: 18 Feb 2001 2:12PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 4:20AM GMT
Looking fro Cecil's from Scott Co TN. My grandfather was Henry Cecil he lived in Robbins. His siblings where William that married Rosa Oakes and Maggie, Zona that married Dewey Goad and moved to KY and Lillie that first married Fred Jeffers then Joseph Byrd and there was James . 2 of the girls had different fathers his name was William Parker. Oh yes there was Marshall who was married to a Ethel, his father was Walter Adcock. Mary was their mother she married George Gibson in 1919 after all the children were born. Now that I wrote a book. Does anyone happen to know this family or have any leads for me.

Cecils in Scott Co Tenn

Posted: 27 May 2001 6:01AM GMT
Edited: 17 Jul 2001 12:11PM GMT
Gloria: The earliest Cecil I have in Scott Co Tenn is Henry Barton Cecil born 17 Feb 1888 at New River, Scott Co. He married Isa McBean Bindley but I have no children listed.

The next would be Beatty Cecil who married Polly (Mira) Elmira Buttram who was born in Scott Co. Tenn. Their children were John Riley (1875) Joseph Samuel (1878), Thomas Jamerson (1885) Alexander (1886) and James Jay (1893) I have some dates.. Have you seen the book GREENUP, WITTEN, CECIL by Elise Greenup Jourdan.. She covers this line very well. This book is my bible as she docuements and is a thorough researcher. In fact I have two copies one I have marked up. Beatty Cecil was a very respected man... Served in Union army, was sheriff of Scott Co. Tn State Senator, and House of Repr. Scott Co. Judge. If you need any further info let me know. Gail

Re: Cecils in Scott Co Tenn

Posted: 13 Apr 2011 4:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Iam looking for Cecils from new river,scott co.Tenn.
My maiden name is Parson,my great grandpa JOHN Wesley Parson Sr.was married to Amanda Cecil born Dec.19,1869
died July 22,1938 and buried in Reed cemetery.
You can e-mail junebug53@new.rr.com
Thank You,
June

Re: Cecil's in Scott Co. TN

Posted: 5 Mar 2012 5:24AM GMT
Surnames: Zona Parker from TN
Gloria,

My grandmother Zona Parker married General Dewey Goad and moved to Kentucky. They had the following children: Claude, Elmer, Ernest, Ethel, Ruby, Frank, Clarence, Earl and Pearl. If you think this is the right info. please post me a note and we can email each other with more info.

Thanks,
Julia

Re: Cecil's in Scott Co. TN

Posted: 6 Oct 2013 10:07PM GMT
Hello Juila, since they have changed so much on these sites I'm just now reading your post. I do think your Zona Parker is my great Aunt. would love to know more about her and maybe even get a pic. I do hope you get this. Looking forward to hearing from you. email me at glorialynnguffey@sbcglobal.net

Gloria

Re: Cecils in Scott Co Tenn

Posted: 6 Oct 2013 10:09PM GMT
No I sure haven't, How would I go about getting it?

Gloria
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions