Search for content in message boards

Huey/Monfils

Huey/Monfils

Posted: 28 Sep 2004 1:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Aug 2006 1:17AM GMT
Surnames: Huey, Monfils
Searching for any info on Kenneth Monfils who married Elizabeth Hope Huey. She was born 3/13/1926 in Detroit and died 1992 in Norwalk, Ohio. He was born in 1926 in Detroit and died in 1984 in Roseville Michigan. I was married to Ken's brother, Bill (now deceased).

Re: Huey/Monfils

Posted: 6 Aug 2009 1:06AM GMT
Surnames: Huey/Monfils
You are talking about my Uncle Kenny who married my father's sister, Aunt Betty. My father (now deceased) was Charles Zedric Huey. What information would you like about him? Why haven't you contacted his children, Nancy and Daryl? I just saw them this last spring when my Uncle Silver passed on and the only remaining member of my father's family is my Aunt Ilene Coppa(Eva Ilene Huey). Of course there's my brothers and I, Jackie and Patty, Gary and Susan and the wealth of children we've had and they are now having. Uncle Kenny died of an inoperable brain tumor. My Aunt from a blood clot. Let me know what I can do to help and if I can I will.

Posted: 6 Aug 2009 4:38AM GMT
This is all I have on the Huey line. I was married to your Uncle Ken's brother, Bill, so we're coming through the Monfils family. Anything you can add or correct will be appreciated. I don't know how to contact Daryl or Nancy.

Descendants of Henry Zedric HUEY
06 Aug 2009
======================================================================================================================
1. Henry Zedric HUEY (b.28 May 1861-Westchester. Jay County,Indiana d.12 Jan 1912-Bryant,Jay County,Indiana)
sp: Margaret Elizabeth DELONG (b.26 Feb 1869-Logan,Hocking County,Ohio m.18 Sep 1890 d.20 Sep 1956-Midland County,Michigan)
|-2. Clara Fern HUEY (b.3 Feb 1892-Bryant,Jay County,Indiana d.5 Oct 1953-Midland County,Michigan)
| sp: Jacob (Jay) DEITSCH (b.20 Apr 1878-Mercer County,Ohio m.29 Dec 1910 d.26 Jun 1949-Midland County,Michigan)
|-2. Mamie Leota HUEY (b.11 May 1893-Bryant,Jay County,Indiana d.29 Sep 1983-Midland County,Michigan)
| sp: Russell Otto PETERS (TEETERS?) (b.24 Feb 1891-Jay County,IN m.21 May 1913 d.27 Sep 1970-Midland County,Michigan)
|-2. Effie Mae (Twin) HUEY (b.23 Jan 1895-Bryant,Jay County,Indiana d.27 Sep 1922-Red Key,Jay County,IN)
| sp: Harley Leo SCHOOLEY
|-2. Frederick Ray (Twin) HUEY (b.23 Jan 1895-Bryant,Jay County,Indiana d.27 Sep 1978-Midland County,Michigan)
| sp: Goldie May MIDDAUGH (b.8 Sep 1902-Midland County,Michigan m.1922 d.24 May 1984-Midland County,Michigan)
|-2. Virgil Earl HUEY (b.13 Dec 1896-Jay County,IN d.3 Dec 1968-Saginaw,Shiawassee County,MI)
| sp: Elsie Alfereda LONGERBONE (b.3 Jan 1903 d.Mar 1982-Saginaw,Shiawassee County,MI)
| |-3. Elizabeth Hope Huey MONFILS (b.13 Mar 1926-Detroit,Michigan d.12 Jun 1992-Norwalk,OH)
| | sp: Kenneth MONFILS (b.27 Apr 1925-Detroit,Michigan d.14 Sep 1984-Roseville,Macomb,Michigan)
| | |-4. Nancy Hope MONFILS (b.4 Feb 1951-Roseville,Macomb County,MI)
| | | sp: Kevin Michael TANZILLO (b.2 Jan 1952-Detroit,MI)
| | | |-5. Carrie Hope TANZILLO (b.1 Jun 1977-New Castle,IN)
| | | | sp: Sean Edward MCGUINNESS (b.28 Apr 1977-Buffalo,Erie County,NY)
| | | |-5. Michael Darrell TANZILLO (b.8 Apr 1980)
| | | sp: Robert GARMOND
| | +-4. Darryl Kenneth MONFILS (b.Aug 1954-Detroit. MI)
| | sp: Julie EDWARDS
| | |-5. Stephen MONFILS
| | |-5. Phillip MONFILS
| | sp: Unknown UNKNOWN
| |-3. Charles Zedric HUEY
| | sp: Helen Caroline STEFFY (b.11 Dec 1921-Detroit,Michigan)
| |-3. Eva Eileen HUEY
| |-3. Dixie Joan HUEY
| +-3. Veda Louise HUEY (b.Detroit,Michigan d.New Lothrop,MI)
| sp: Living DOWN
|-2. Elmer Haskell HUEY (b.26 Sep 1898-Bryant,Jay County,Indiana d.15 Mar 1974-Adams County,Indiana)
| sp: Anna Mae FOLKNER (FALKNER?) (m.21 Jan 1924d.Saginaw,Shiawassee County,MI)
|-2. Bertha (Berthel) HUEY (b.15 Oct 1902-Bryant,Jay County,Indiana d.19 Aug 1977-Midland County,Michigan)
|-2. Donald HUEY (b.Private)
|-2. Glenna HUEY (b.Private)
| sp: William CROWDER
| sp: Fred. STRONG
+-2. Hazel HUEY (b.Private)
sp: George SPAULDING (b.10 Mar 1904 d.15 Mar 1967-Midland County,Michigan)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: 6 Aug 2009 7:26PM GMT
Okay here goes: Charles Zedric Huey married Helen Caroline Steffy. Lawrence Allen Huey was born 1946; Dennis Michael Huey 1949; Marianne Louise Huey 1951 and Robert Wesley Huey 1956.

Eva Eileen Huey married Silverio Coppa. Gary Coppa and Susan Coppa (I forget her married name but she lives in Florida)are their children. Gary is close to my brother Larry's age and Susan is close to my brother Dennis' age.

Veda had Jackie (1951) and Pattie (I'm not sure on the year but she's a year or two younger than me 1951) Then Veda died of lupus and my Uncle Red remarried down the road.

I don't really know the other people well, just remembering hearing their names.

I don't know if you would like our children's name. If so let me know and I'll write them down for you.

Don't know anything about the Monfils family but I can hook you up with Nancy's and Daryl's emails and maybe they can supply more. I hope they don't mind me doing so but you are their Aunt.

Nancy is now Nancy Germond. Her email address is: NancyBobG@neo.rr.com and Daryl's is: (It's at work) dmonfils@marketingsource.com

This is about all I can do. Hope it helps!

Marianne

Posted: 7 Aug 2009 12:16AM GMT
OK - more information always helps.....thanks. Can you be any clearer on the actual birth dates (more than just the year) and the places where these people were born and/or died? What was Veda's husband's name (you just called him "Uncle Red"). What about Dixie Joan? Did I have the rest of the stuff right?

Posted: 7 Aug 2009 3:22AM GMT
I'd have to look up Uncle Red's last name. It's been so long I forgot it. I'll give you what I know and check in with my brother Larry. He has lots of dates and names and is much better at this than I. I happened across it by accident looking up a name for a character in a book I'm writing. Will get back with you on the dates and names after I get them from Larry.

Lawrence Allen Huey - October 12, 1945
Dennis Michael Huey - April 7, 1949
Marianne Louise Huey - April 13, 1951
Robert Wesley Huey - March 3, 1956

Dixie died at age three from diphtheria.

Posted: 7 Aug 2009 12:18PM GMT
Thanks, Marianne. Where are all of you - Michigan, Indiana?

Posted: 7 Aug 2009 6:51PM GMT
WE are in Michigan. Brother Dennis bought our grandparents (Virgil and Elise Huey) farm in New Lothrop, MI. Larry lives in Lenox Twp, MI. I'm in Mount Clemens, Mi and Robert lives in Bowling Green, OH.

Susan is down in Sunrise, Florida. So is Aunt Ilene. Gary is in Michigan as well as Jackie and Pattie (Down was their maiden name so Uncle Red was Mr. Down. What his first name is I don't know. I only heard him referred to as Red. I haven't seen them in YEARS! Too many but you know how times gets away from you.

My Brother Larry is out of town right now so I'll have to wait until Monday to get Susan's and Gary's birthdays.
Will let you know when I get them! Take care and good luck!

Marianne

Posted: 11 Jan 2010 5:40AM GMT
Hi Aunt Karen. I found your string of communication with my cousin Marianne and thought I would try to make contact. You can reach me at dmonfils@mrichi.com if you would like to start a dialogue.
Daryl
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions